After returning from a foot injury in September, Mourinho insisted the left-back must "work hard" to regain his place and in Tuesday's 2-1 win over CSKA Moscow, Shaw did not let himself down with a man-of-the-match show. "He created a lot of danger and created a lot of unsafe situations".
Scholes maintained that Shaw is the best left-back available to Mourinho but only if and when he is fully fit.
But after Shaw's dazzling performance last night, there is a chance Mourinho could change his plans regarding Rose and stick to the 22-year-old former Southampton player.
"Discussing Shaw's display, Mourinho told Sky Sports: "[It was a] very, very positive performance, especially with the ball going forward.More news: Tonya Harding posed with Margot Robbie, Allison Janney at 'I, Tonya' premiere
"Very positive performance", Mourinho said.
'He was waiting for quite a long time, he has been deserving for quite a long time.
"Shaw had waited for a long time, it's not easy to give an opportunity to a player in matches when we need results". But he managed 90 minutes and really I told him this is not the best, this is just an opportunity for you to play and to improve your level.
"I'm really happy. I didn't want to qualify with a defeat and bad performance", he said.
"It's hard to say as we don't see what goes on behind the scenes, (but) I don't think he lives his life as clean as he possibly should do", Scholes said on BT Sports' coverage of the Champions League, before comparing the left-back's physique to that of Wayne Rooney. Can he get a run of 10 games in the team?More news: Pair of super-Earths found orbiting star K2-18
"I don't think he lives his life as clean as he possibly should do".
"He needed to be playing all the time, Saturday, Tuesday, whatever it may be".
'I hope there is a future for him.More news: Pollution harmful to babies ' brains
- Shannon Beador seeking primary physical custody of kids
- Tracee Ellis Ross reads her book for 'Handsy' men
- Natural disaster hits Uttarakhand, tremors felt in Delhi-NCR
- ON Semiconductor Corp. (ON), Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) — Yesterday Stock's Trend
- Wall Street Analysts See 23.7% for Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE:SWN)
- Kate Middleton Wears Princess Diana's Tiara to The Queen's Winter Party
- Abhishek Bachchan Fitting Response To A Troll Questioning Aaradhya's Normal Childhood
- Democratic senators call on Al Franken to resign after new allegations
- Putin Announces He'll Seek Reelection as Russian President in 2018
- Katy Perry wins millions in damages after legal battle with nuns