In fact, McGregor believes that now that he's stepped into the boxing ring with Mayweather, he could defeat him in a rematch.
McGregor and his boss, UFC president Dana White, felt like McGregor earned his boxing stripes.
There were widespread claims that Mayweather carried McGregor to make it a more fan-friendly fight for the live audience and the millions who purchased the pay-per-view - and now Mayweather says that's exactly what he did. You know I made it look good for Y'all'.
"I know if I went another go with him under boxing rules I'd get that win".More news: Democratic senators call on Al Franken to resign after new allegations
It hints the multiple world champion let McGregor survive ten rounds.
"What's sickening me is that the little (expletive) is retired now".
Mayweather's reveal is far from surprising considering he partially admitted so after the fight by claiming it was his strategy to refrain from throwing punches in the first four rounds, knowing the tightly wound McGregor, 29, would wear himself out. "And that's it. I feel with the lessons I learned from that first fight, if I had another go around, I'd get it". "You know I made it look good for you all". He's had a rivalry with former opponent Oscar De La Hoya, who is also a boxing promoter.
McGregor went toe-to-toe with the undefeated 50-0 boxer for ten rounds, before Mayweather stopped the Irishman.More news: Putin Announces He'll Seek Reelection as Russian President in 2018
It came as a surprise to everyone when De La Hoya appeared on an audio show last month and said he was willing to come out of retirement, to fight for the first time since 2008 in a clash with none other than McGregor.
Mayweather finally responded publicly to De La Hoya's actions and didn't back down from referencing his recent history with drug abuse.
"Wasn't Oscar De La Hoya the same one that was talking about me fighting Conor McGregor and he was trying to protest and stop the fight?"
UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor can't seem to keep his name out of the news these days and today is no different.More news: EPS Growth overview of Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX)
"Is he a hypocrite or his he back on coke again?" laughed Mayweather.
- Keisha Lance Bottoms Claims Victory As Atlanta Mayor, Norwood Demands A Recount
- Shannon Beador seeking primary physical custody of kids
- Leading Stock Investor's Alert:- Delta Air Lines, Inc. (NYSE:DAL)
- Tracee Ellis Ross reads her book for 'Handsy' men
- Hornets' Steve Clifford Takes Leave Of Absence To Address Health
- Tonya Harding posed with Margot Robbie, Allison Janney at 'I, Tonya' premiere
- Katy Perry wins millions in damages after legal battle with nuns
- Pollution harmful to babies ' brains
- Did Santa really exist? Ancient relic offers new clue
- Lena Dunham and Tina Brown Reportedly Warned Clinton Aides About Harvey Weinstein