She was joined by Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, Claire McCaskill of Missouri, Patty Murray of Washington, Kamala Harris of California and Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire, who issued statements in a coordinated effort that is likely to jeopardize Mr. Franken's political future.
The growing call for Franken to resign also comes as TIME Magazine announced it will name "The Silence Breakers" - women who came forward to call out sexual harassment, misconduct and assault - as their "Person of the Year".More news: Pollution harmful to babies ' brains
"He was between me and the door and he was coming at me to kiss me", she told Politico. She adds that she had never met Franken before. This accuser, a "longtime Demcorat", is ambivalent about whether the second-term senator should step down, and says her aim is to force him to acknowledge bad behavior.
As reported by Politico, a former Democratic congressional aide claims the incident took place after one of Franken's radio shows before he was a senator. When she refused him and fled, the woman says, Franken said of his kiss attempt: "It's my right as an entertainer".More news: UnitedHealth to buy DaVita Medical clinics for $4.9 billion
Another woman, Lindsay Menz, said he'd squeezed her buttocks in 2010 while posing for a photo at the Minnesota State Fair. It was very quick and I think my brain had to work really hard to be like 'Wait, what is happening?' But I knew whatever was happening was not right and I ducked. Al Franken (D-MN) to step aside on Wednesday morning. Franken has apologized for groping Tweeden and apologized to the other women for making them feel disrespected but has combatted some of their claims. When she turned around, Franken was in her face. A photo from that tour shows Franken with his hands hovering over her clothed breasts as he mugs for the camera.
Franken, in his statement, said the idea he would claim such conduct as a right as an entertainer was "preposterous".More news: Tracee Ellis Ross reads her book for 'Handsy' men
As Franken himself noted, he is under investigation by the Senate ethics committee for allegedly groping and sexually harassing several women, including sports commentator Leeann Tweeden.
- Lena Dunham and Tina Brown Reportedly Warned Clinton Aides About Harvey Weinstein
- Police Foil Islamic Terror Plot To Kill British PM Theresa May
- Reggie Yates quits Top of the Pops over his Jewish podcast slur
- Today Analysts Focus on Schlumberger Limited (SLB), SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (SEAS)
- Leading Stock Investor's Alert:- Delta Air Lines, Inc. (NYSE:DAL)
- Hackers hold NC county's computers ransom for 2 bitcoins
- Keisha Lance Bottoms Claims Victory As Atlanta Mayor, Norwood Demands A Recount
- Katy Perry wins millions in damages after legal battle with nuns
- What the Insider Data Suggests About Antero Resources Corporation (AR)
- Rep. Al Green to Force Trump Impeachment Vote on Wednesday