She was joined by Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, Claire McCaskill of Missouri, Patty Murray of Washington, Kamala Harris of California and Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire, who issued statements in a coordinated effort that is likely to jeopardize Mr. Franken's political future.
The growing call for Franken to resign also comes as TIME Magazine announced it will name "The Silence Breakers" - women who came forward to call out sexual harassment, misconduct and assault - as their "Person of the Year".More news: EPS Growth overview of Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX)
"He was between me and the door and he was coming at me to kiss me", she told Politico. She adds that she had never met Franken before. This accuser, a "longtime Demcorat", is ambivalent about whether the second-term senator should step down, and says her aim is to force him to acknowledge bad behavior.
As reported by Politico, a former Democratic congressional aide claims the incident took place after one of Franken's radio shows before he was a senator. When she refused him and fled, the woman says, Franken said of his kiss attempt: "It's my right as an entertainer".More news: Keisha Lance Bottoms Claims Victory As Atlanta Mayor, Norwood Demands A Recount
Another woman, Lindsay Menz, said he'd squeezed her buttocks in 2010 while posing for a photo at the Minnesota State Fair. It was very quick and I think my brain had to work really hard to be like 'Wait, what is happening?' But I knew whatever was happening was not right and I ducked. Al Franken (D-MN) to step aside on Wednesday morning. Franken has apologized for groping Tweeden and apologized to the other women for making them feel disrespected but has combatted some of their claims. When she turned around, Franken was in her face. A photo from that tour shows Franken with his hands hovering over her clothed breasts as he mugs for the camera.
Franken, in his statement, said the idea he would claim such conduct as a right as an entertainer was "preposterous".More news: Abhishek Bachchan Fitting Response To A Troll Questioning Aaradhya's Normal Childhood
As Franken himself noted, he is under investigation by the Senate ethics committee for allegedly groping and sexually harassing several women, including sports commentator Leeann Tweeden.
- Pollution harmful to babies ' brains
- Police Foil Islamic Terror Plot To Kill British PM Theresa May
- Tracee Ellis Ross reads her book for 'Handsy' men
- Johanna Konta appoints Maria Sharapova's former coach Michael Joyce
- Shannon Beador seeking primary physical custody of kids
- ON Semiconductor Corp. (ON), Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) — Yesterday Stock's Trend
- Hornets' Steve Clifford Takes Leave Of Absence To Address Health
- Katy Perry wins millions in damages after legal battle with nuns
- These are the best places to work in 2018, according to employees
- Lena Dunham and Tina Brown Reportedly Warned Clinton Aides About Harvey Weinstein