Peters was called for unsportsmanlike conduct after he hurled an official's penalty flag into the stands following a defensive holding call on teammate Steven Nelson during a Jets two-point conversion attempt in the fourth quarter. Peters was flagged for throwing the flag (how about that for poetic justice?), and while he was not ejected, he took it upon himself to walk off of the field.More news: UnitedHealth to buy DaVita Medical clinics for $4.9 billion
Reid did not respond to inquiries regarding the development, as the Chiefs enter Sunday having lost five of six games after a 5-0 start.
"This was something Marcus and I discussed", Reid told reporters Wednesday.More news: Kate Middleton Wears Princess Diana's Tiara to The Queen's Winter Party
Marcus Peters will not play Sunday against the Raiders.
Kansas City ranks 28th in pass defense (252.8 yards allowed per game). Peters was also penalized and then left the playing field, escorted by a Chiefs security officer. Still, in spite of their slide, the Chiefs remain tied for first place in the AFC West with the Raiders and Los Angeles Chargers.More news: Roper out as offensive coordinator for Gamecocks
- Pair of super-Earths found orbiting star K2-18
- Wall Street Analysts See 23.7% for Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE:SWN)
- Astronauts Made Pizzas in Space
- Rowe Price Group, Inc. (TROW)
- Luxury Retailer Disdainful of Amazon Wins Appeal
- House approves legislation to suspend U.S. aid to Palestinians
- FY2017 EPS Estimates for Golar LNG Partners LP Reduced by Analyst (GMLP)
- Dallas Sheriff Lupe Valdez to run for governor; announcement today in Austin
- Sonos and Ikea Tease Collaboration
- Democratic senators call on Al Franken to resign after new allegations