According to the Everglades National Park Service, snakes from around the world have been turning up in and around Florida's Everglades national park.
The 17-foot, 1-inch python, weighing 132 pounds, is the longest ever brought in for the agency's Python Elimination Program.
The South Florida Water Management District shared video of the colossal python on Monday after it was caught Friday by hunter Jason Leon.More news: Astronauts Made Pizzas in Space
He said: "That snake could pretty much kill any full-grown man".
Python hunter Jason Leon caught the snake in in southern Miami-Dade County. Leon also holds the overall state record with an 18-foot-8-inch python he caught in 2013.
Leon holds the record for the largest snake captured in Florida.More news: Chiefs suspend Marcus Peters against Raiders
The catch on Friday toppled the previous record by Dusty Crum, which measured 16 feet, 11 inches, according to WSVN.
Burmese pythons, one of the largest snake species on earth, are breeding in the park and spreading throughout south Florida.More news: Mourinho praises Shaw in first start of season
Mike Kirkland, a SFWMD scientist and the project manager for the Python Elimination Program, praised it for being "enormously effective in killing this relentless predator to help preserve native Everglades wildlife".
- Rhian Brewster: Liverpool report alleged racial abuse of striker during youth game
- Analyst Opinion Summary: Hibbett Sports, Inc. (HIBB), Express Scripts Holding Company (ESRX)
- Dead & Company Cancel Show After John Mayer Admitted for Emergency Surgery
- Dallas Sheriff Lupe Valdez to run for governor; announcement today in Austin
- Sonos and Ikea Tease Collaboration
- Whistleblower alleges Flynn texted about Russian Federation nuclear deal during inauguration, congressman says
- Luxury Retailer Disdainful of Amazon Wins Appeal
- Wall Street Analysts See 23.7% for Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE:SWN)
- Beyoncé and birthday boy JAY-Z pose for pictures in an elevator
- Laverne Cox to Host Kim Kardashian-Produced Lifetime Series 'Glam Masters'