He said this in his message on the International Day for elimination of violence against women being commemorated throughout the world on 25th November.
Every year from November 25 to December 10, the United Nations, worldwide agencies, governments across the globe and non-government and community-based organisations working for women's rights partake in an global campaign to end violence against women and girls.
The seven Sunraysia sporting clubs will wear orange during matches and games across the 16 days, a colour which symbolises a future free from violence.More news: Investors Buy Large Volume of Put Options on Wells Fargo & Co
Government must also show commitment towards ending the concern by ensuring that funds are committed in the national budget for programmes and interventions on violence against women and children.
Women in traditionally acknowledged marginalized groups - including refugees, migrants, minorities, indigenous peoples, and populations affected by conflict and disasters, among others are more likely to face abuse, she said.
The New Vision Foundation International (NVFI), a humanitarian relief and advocacy Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), has appealed to Government to build more shelters to accommodate abused women and children.More news: Berks County shoppers seek Black Friday deals
"It has to be urgently addressed through the combined efforts of government, NGOs, academe and the private sector by raising public awareness to encourage women in the communities to disclose or report incidents of violence", she said. Women in Pakistan are regularly subjected to violence. He said that centers for immediate response were being constructed across the country for female victims of domestic violence.
It is estimated that 35 percent of women worldwide have experienced either physical and/or sexual intimate partner violence or sexual violence by a non-partner at some point in their lives, according to UN Women.
He said violence against women, both physical and mental, "happens everywhere and its consequences last for generations", and "this poses threats to social fabrics of societies around the globe".More news: Bale back in Real training
- SNES Classic Doorbuster: Best Buy, Nintendo Store To Sell Console Saturday
- War on I-4: UCF beats USF in nailbiter of a game
- Only Ram mandir and nothing else at Ayodhya: Mohan Bhagwat
- Barcelona into last 16 after Juventus stalemate
- Every player for TCU, Baylor called for penalty on single play
- Xbox One controller deals cheap xbox wireless gamepad prices
- Korea unite in rejecting 'unilateral & arbitrary' U.S. pressure
- Jeff Bezos Worth Over $100B After Amazon's Black Friday Rally
- Hyderabad gears up for PM Narendra Modi, Ivanka Trump visit
- Tiger wanders Paris streets before being shot