Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos now has a 12-digit fortune, according to an estimate by Bloomberg. Bezos' fortune now sits at $100.3 billion, up $2.4 billion following a 2 percent increase in Amazon's shares.
The Amazon.com founder's fortune is up $2.4 billion to $100.3 billion, as the online retailer's shares jumped more than 2% on optimism for Black Friday sales. As Bloomberg points out, Gates, who now has a net worth of $86.8 billion, would be worth more than $150 billion if he hadn't given $700 million in Microsoft shares and $2.9 billion in cash to charity. That doesn't account for all his holdings, although the two other highest-profile companies he owns - The Washington Post and space tourism company Blue Origin - don't move the needle much by comparison. That stake alone is worth more than $93.5 billion as of Friday's closing price of $1,186 a share.More news: Apple reportedly planning an iPhone SE 2 for Q1 2018
Amazon shares are up 58% this year, enough to enrich Bezos by about $34 billion.
As holiday shopping dies down over the next few weeks, Bezos' fortune could fluctuate to below the $100 billion mark.More news: Moody's maintains SA's rating above junk at Baa3
In October, the European Commission ordered it to pay around €250m (£220m) in back taxes after finding it had benefited from an illegal sweetheart deal with Luxembourg.
Berkshire Hathaway investor Warren Buffett holds the No. 3 slot on the list. That was in 1999, when the internet stock bubble briefly put him over the mark.More news: The Miami Hurricanes hoped for a flawless season. Pittsburgh thought otherwise
- Every player for TCU, Baylor called for penalty on single play
- Xbox One controller deals cheap xbox wireless gamepad prices
- The Nabors Industries Ltd. (NBR) Receives Consensus Rating of "Buy" from Analysts
- Pep Guardiola 'surprised' Raheem Sterling is Man City's top goalscorer
- Ousmane Dembele joined Barcelona to play for Lionel Messi - Cristiano Ronaldo
- Celtic fans react on Twitter to Dedryck Boyata's performance against PSG
- Needle Marks Found on Toddlers at Beijing Kindergarten
- Derrick Rose 'Evaluating His Future In Basketball' While Away From Cavaliers
- Barcelona into last 16 after Juventus stalemate
- Cantona calls on Mourinho to embrace attacking football