A tiger which escaped Friday from a circus in Paris has been "neutralised" by circus personnel and is now dead, police said.
"Three tigers turn in circles in three square meters", his Tweet translates, alongside a photo of the three animals.
"He had entered a railway station, leading to its closure", a witness added.More news: Amazon Black Friday US deals
"A tiger is on the loose", rail announcers are reported to have told passengers. "That's where he was cornered and then shot dead".
It is thought that the tiger's circus owners assisted police in tracking the animal down.
Witnesses say two circus personnel lured the tiger to an alleyway using a slab of meat attached to a pole.More news: Charges filed against 592 in PMT 2012 case
'There were people running and screaming, ' said one. It was a very big, fierce looking animal'.
Traffic on a tram line in the area was briefly suspended, but resumed with police authorisation.
The owner, after being taken into police custody, is said to be in "shock" from the incident, according to a Paris fire department official.More news: Twitter is testing its new 'Bookmarks' feature; could roll out soon
- Pep Guardiola 'surprised' Raheem Sterling is Man City's top goalscorer
- Most Active Stock: The Walt Disney Company (DIS)
- SpongeBob SquarePants Cast Lights Up Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Prue Leith felt 'suicidal' after tweeting Bake Off victor
- Cantona calls on Mourinho to embrace attacking football
- Paddy Power held talks about potential deal with CrownBet
- October 10 fare hike costs Delhi Metro 3 lakh commuters a day
- Ousmane Dembele joined Barcelona to play for Lionel Messi - Cristiano Ronaldo
- Employee Strike Threatens Black Friday for Amazon
- Derrick Rose 'Evaluating His Future In Basketball' While Away From Cavaliers