A tiger which escaped Friday from a circus in Paris has been "neutralised" by circus personnel and is now dead, police said.
"Three tigers turn in circles in three square meters", his Tweet translates, alongside a photo of the three animals.
"He had entered a railway station, leading to its closure", a witness added.More news: Market Notes: Watching Shares of UK Index MSCI Ishares (EWU)
"A tiger is on the loose", rail announcers are reported to have told passengers. "That's where he was cornered and then shot dead".
It is thought that the tiger's circus owners assisted police in tracking the animal down.
Witnesses say two circus personnel lured the tiger to an alleyway using a slab of meat attached to a pole.More news: Trainer aircraft crashes in Telangana
'There were people running and screaming, ' said one. It was a very big, fierce looking animal'.
Traffic on a tram line in the area was briefly suspended, but resumed with police authorisation.
The owner, after being taken into police custody, is said to be in "shock" from the incident, according to a Paris fire department official.More news: Microsoft Corporation's (NASDAQ:MSFT) "Buy" Rating Reaffirmed at Tigress Financial
- Prue Leith felt 'suicidal' after tweeting Bake Off victor
- Armed police responding to incident at Oxford Circus, London
- Apple reportedly planning an iPhone SE 2 for Q1 2018
- Cantona calls on Mourinho to embrace attacking football
- Billy Baldwin accuses Donald Trump of hitting on wife Chynna Phillips
- Ousmane Dembele joined Barcelona to play for Lionel Messi - Cristiano Ronaldo
- Uber, Yandex ride services can merge in Russian Federation , regulator FAS rules
- Most Active Stock: The Walt Disney Company (DIS)
- Firefox to warn users about to visit compromised website
- SpongeBob SquarePants Cast Lights Up Thanksgiving Day Parade