In an attempt to jump-start the offense, Rosier was pulled from the game in favor of Evan Shirreffs with 9:58 left in the fourth after completing three of his previous 14 pass attempts at the time.
Get the best sports content from the web and social in the new B/R app.
A road game against an unranked opponent the day after Thanksgiving to close out the regular season proved to be a lethal situation for the Miami Hurricanes.More news: Sea of Thieves Last Call for Technical Alpha
Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi, who started third-stringer Kenny Pickett - the first true freshman to start for Pitt since 2007 - outschemed Miami with fakes and end-arounds and well-timed pitches.
The Hurricanes (10-0), who have handled some tough opponents in recent weeks, will be hoping to close out their regular season fixtures with another victory in preparation for the clash with No. 3 Clemson in the ACC Championship Game on December 2.
Clemson still made the playoff last season after its loss to Pitt, eventually winning the national championship, but it also got a little help when No. 3-ranked MI and No. 4-ranked Washington lost the same week.More news: Pep Guardiola 'surprised' Raheem Sterling is Man City's top goalscorer
Miserable game for the offense.
The Hurricanes have 19 takeaways across the last five games, according to STATS LLC, and 27 for the season, which tied for third in the nation.
Against the 99th-ranked defense (6.13 yards per play), which was allowing 411.5 yards per game, Miami put up 3.9 and 232.
The final Pitt score capped a 12-play, 90-yard drive that lasted over 90 minutes.More news: Amazon Black Friday US deals
Pickett's fake and naked bootleg let him dive over the pylon for a 22-yard rushing touchdown, which put the game away with 2:54 left. On their fourth, the Hurricanes got a 23-yard touchdown pass from Rosier to Ahmmon Richards, but that was the lone offensive highlight of the day until a late score by Braxton Berrios. It was the first time all day the Miami defense had been overmatched. On top of that, I'm assuming Alabama beats Auburn, Clemson takes care of SC and Oklahoma downs West Virginia. The loser will have two losses.
- Uber, Yandex ride services can merge in Russian Federation , regulator FAS rules
- Reward fund for Philly homeless man soars to over $300K
- Charges filed against 592 in PMT 2012 case
- Erdogan: Turkey open for political contact with Damascus
- Apple reportedly planning an iPhone SE 2 for Q1 2018
- Hoover police: No arrests in melee that closed down Riverchase Galleria
- Trainer aircraft crashes in Telangana
- Employee Strike Threatens Black Friday for Amazon
- Ayushmann Khurrana starrer 'Badhaai Ho' to release next year!
- Russian Federation remains China's top oil supplier for eighth month