The Award ceremony held at the Antigua Fabrica Estrella Damm in Barcelona on Friday, November 24.
Messi succeeds his Barcelona teammate Luis Suarez, the 2016 victor who handed over the trophy on Friday.More news: Employee Strike Threatens Black Friday for Amazon
As sponsors of the award, Marca did have an interview with Messi - which will be published on Friday - but sources told ESPN FC that his future was not discussed.
The Barcelona superstar has previously been awarded the title in 2010, 2012 and 2013, and his 37 strikes in 34 La Liga matches last term saw him scoop number four.
"This award belongs to everyone, without my teammates I wouldn't have won this", Messi said upon receiving the Golden Shoe, which was handed out by last year's victor Luis Suarez and shown live on Barca's official website.
"It's a prize for everyone". I have been lucky enough to score goals, ' Messi said.More news: Microsoft Corporation's (NASDAQ:MSFT) "Buy" Rating Reaffirmed at Tigress Financial
Messi has scored 12 league goals so far this season from a deeper role but says he's never considered himself an out-and-out forward anyway.
"I notice my evolution. I enjoy being a player more and more all the time".
After also winning the award in 2012-13 (46 league goals), 2011-12 (50) and 2009-10 (34), Messi is tied with Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo for most regular victor of the Golden Shoe.
"As I have progressed off the field, I think I have also done so on the pitch".More news: Needle Marks Found on Toddlers at Beijing Kindergarten
On the midweek draw with Juventus in the Champions League, Messi added: "Whenever I'm on the bench there's a bit of fuss".
- Celebrity Big Brother star Jeremy McConnell is jailed
- Most Active Stock: The Walt Disney Company (DIS)
- Ratas in Brussels: Eastern Partnership not related to European Union enlargement
- Maryam Sanda Remanded In Prison For Allegedly Killing Husband
- Hoover police: No arrests in melee that closed down Riverchase Galleria
- Amazon Black Friday US deals
- Paddy Power held talks about potential deal with CrownBet
- Prue Leith felt 'suicidal' after tweeting Bake Off victor
- Clear and cold overnight then milder sunshine for Black Friday
- Stocks within Assessment: NIKE, Inc. (NKE), Cavium, Inc. (CAVM)