According to the statement from Hoover police, "No major incidents were reported at the Galleria or any of the city's other shopping facilities". You can see the full statement and video below.
Police showed up to stop the fighting.
Responding officers separated two juvenile females as a group of bystanders watched.More news: October 10 fare hike costs Delhi Metro 3 lakh commuters a day
There's now no information on any injuries or arrest from the fights. Officers said the fights were not over sales, but of a personal nature.
According to the ABC News affiliate WBMA, officers at the same mall also investigated reports of shots fired outside of Macy's, but didn't find any evidence of a shooting. One man was attempting to holster his weapon when it discharged, striking the other man - who suffered injuries which are being described as life-threatening.
Shoppers getting an early start on Black Friday deals had their Thanksgiving trek to the Riverchase Galleria cut short when fights broke out in the mall.More news: Ayushmann Khurrana starrer 'Badhaai Ho' to release next year!
As part of its normal holiday shopping plan, Hoover police have increased its presence around the mall.
The mall was forced to close ahead of it's regularly scheduled closing time at midnight, WIAT reports.
Just several hours into Black Friday and reports of fights between misbehaving shoppers are already beginning to be filed.More news: Armed police responding to incident at Oxford Circus, London
- Duchess of Kent hails 'courageous' Jana Novotna following death from cancer
- Maryam Sanda Remanded In Prison For Allegedly Killing Husband
- Clear and cold overnight then milder sunshine for Black Friday
- Stocks within Assessment: NIKE, Inc. (NKE), Cavium, Inc. (CAVM)
- Market Notes: Watching Shares of UK Index MSCI Ishares (EWU)
- Charles Manson Left His Entire Estate to Pen Pal
- Microsoft Corporation's (NASDAQ:MSFT) "Buy" Rating Reaffirmed at Tigress Financial
- Most Active Stock: The Walt Disney Company (DIS)
- Amazon Black Friday US deals
- Charges filed against 592 in PMT 2012 case