However, he is yet to play a Test match on home soil, and was overlooked in the original squad as the selectors instead opted for Marsh as the No. 6 batsman.
Maxwell was omitted from the 13-man Ashes squad named last week, with batsman Shaun Marsh named as a controversial replacement given his modest test record and Australia's usual preference for an all-rounder to help with the bowling load.
Warner, who twinged his neck while taking a high catch on the Gabba outfield on Tuesday, suggested light-heartedly that he could even emulate the Carribean southpaw's stance to make it to the playing XI.More news: Essential Oils in Cinnamon Burns Body Fat
It remains to be seen whether Warner, who remains restricted by his stiff neck but very confident he will face England after batting in the nets on Wednesday, will take his place on Thursday at the top of the order. He had a hit just before and he's very confident. I'm getting a bit of physio treatment at the moment and hopefully it's settled down over the next 24 or 48 hours. Marsh comes with a proven reputation in domestic cricket and having been a three-time Big Bash victor with the Perth Scorchers, he is sure to lend a lot of expertise to Glamorgan, for whom he played in the 2012 T20 campaign too.
Marsh played alongside Glamorgan Championship campaign Michael Hogan for Western Australia as well as in Wales.
"I'm sure he will be fine", England captain Joe Root said of Warner. Guys have injuries now and then.More news: Simon Property Group, Inc. (NYSE:SPG) Dips Under Moving Averages
"These sort of things tend to crop up before a big series but I don't think we need to change our plans on anything".
The first Ashes Test starts on November 23 in Brisbane. "We'll still prepare the same".
It wasn't the most exacting session, with Warner batting in a hat and only facing throwdowns.More news: Blackrock Muni Income Quality Trust (BYM): SuperTrend Above Stock Price
- Tesla finishes installing mega-battery in Australia
- Zaheer Khan, Sagarika Ghatge set to tie the knot on November 27
- Investors Buy Intel Corporation (INTC) on Weakness
- Concern Over EU's Resolution On Palm Oil
- Le Pen accuses banks of issuing a credit "fetwa" against Front National
- First encounter with interstellar object baffles scientists
- Somewhat Positive Media Coverage Somewhat Unlikely to Impact Merck & (MRK) Share Price
- Budget: OGUK welcomes vital tax reforms for North Sea
- The 2017 Spirit Award Nominations Are a Big Win for Diversity
- Comprehensive Stock Analysis Of Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (MRVL)