Dasmunsi was a key Congress leader, who held various ministerial posts, including that of Parliamentary Affairs and Information and Broadcasting.
"He had been critically ill since the past one month and succumbed to the illness at 12.10 pm". Mr Dasmunsi was temporarily moved to Dusseldorf in Germany in 2009 where he underwent a stem cell therapy in an attempt to reverse some of the loss of brain functions caused by the stroke.
He is survived by his wife Deepa Dasmunsi and son Priyadeep Dasmuni. After his return, he was admitted to the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in Delhi.More news: Justin Bieber Is Crazy About Selena Gomez's Blonde Hair!
"Our deepest condolences on the passing of respected Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi, our veteran Congress leader and former union minister".
Dasmunsi represented the Raiganj (Lok Sabha constituency) in West Bengal, which was later represented by his Deepa.
The 72-year-old leader had begun his political career with the Indian Youth Congress, and later was elected as MP in 1971.More news: Los Angeles County patrol vehicle collision kills 2 children
West Bengal Congress chief Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury confirmed the news to The Indian Express. He was the first Indian to serve as a match commissioner in a FIFA World Cup game, Hindustan Times said in the report.
The Congress leader served as the president of the All India Football Federation for almost two decades.More news: Unhappy return for Monk as Leeds hang on against Middlesbrough
- Small plane crashes near airpark in Clearwater
- First poster of 'Student Of The Year 2' released!
- Justice League has lowest DCEU opening to date
- Vivo V7 launched in India for Rs.18990, pre booking starts today
- Argentina unsure if signals came from missing submarine
- Toshiba shares fall on new share sale plan
- Salman Khan to close IFFI 2017
- Abram Thinks Amitabh Bachchan Is Shah Rukh Khan's Father
- Germany's Angela Merkel to inform president of unsuccessful coalition talks
- SEGA Bringing Valkyria Chronicles 4 to Xbox One in the West