- A massive fire is burning a residential and retail building in Upper Manhattan Friday afternoon. With over 100 firefighters trying to control the situation, it appeared that wind had made the fire harder to maintain.
The FDNY formed a perimeter around the block to prevent anyone from being hit by falling debris, officials said. "It scared the hell out of me, it looked like an occupied building".More news: Mangaluru ahead of Mumbai, New York in flooding risk
No injuries have been reported and it's unclear how many people were inside the building when the blaze started. The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene advises avoiding smoke exposure from structural fires by closing windows while indoors and reducing outdoor activity where smoke is present.
So far, no injuries have been reported, an FDNY spokesman said. By 4 p.m., the smoke had transitioned from black to a light gray as ladder trucks laid gallons of water on the flames.More news: Kim Kardashian West confirms sex of baby
Dramatic footage shows large plumes of smoke coming from the building as well as the entire roof on fire.More news: Nirmala Sitharaman slams Congress, says allegations relating to Rafale deal shameful
- West Ham Board Make January Transfer Promise to New Boss David Moyes
- Setback for Sharad Yadav: Election Commission calls Nitish-led group real JD(U)
- Rose Byrne welcomes her second child with Bobby Cannavale
- Walker eliminates Wisconsin's minimum hunting age
- Sangamo Biosciences Inc. (SGMO)
- Man finds his vehicle 20 years after forgetting where he parked it
- Mahira Khan opens up about 'Verna' ban
- Pringles unveils tray of eight Thanksgiving-themed crisps
- UN Command Postpones Disclosing CCTV Footage of N. Korean Soldier's Defection
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez spotted kissing in Los Angeles