- A massive fire is burning a residential and retail building in Upper Manhattan Friday afternoon. With over 100 firefighters trying to control the situation, it appeared that wind had made the fire harder to maintain.
The FDNY formed a perimeter around the block to prevent anyone from being hit by falling debris, officials said. "It scared the hell out of me, it looked like an occupied building".More news: Gusty winds will impact the mountains Saturday, flurries Sunday
No injuries have been reported and it's unclear how many people were inside the building when the blaze started. The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene advises avoiding smoke exposure from structural fires by closing windows while indoors and reducing outdoor activity where smoke is present.
So far, no injuries have been reported, an FDNY spokesman said. By 4 p.m., the smoke had transitioned from black to a light gray as ladder trucks laid gallons of water on the flames.More news: Mangaluru ahead of Mumbai, New York in flooding risk
Dramatic footage shows large plumes of smoke coming from the building as well as the entire roof on fire.More news: Danica Patrick announces retirement as full-time driver
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez spotted kissing in Los Angeles
- Digital Realty Trust, Inc. (DLR) Stake Increased by CIBC Asset Management Inc
- Lyon to fight to keep Arsenal target Fekir beyond January
- Pringles unveils tray of eight Thanksgiving-themed crisps
- Is This Finally Confirmation Meghan Markle Is Leaving Suits ?
- UN Command Postpones Disclosing CCTV Footage of N. Korean Soldier's Defection
- Analyst Ratings and Financial Health of Apple Inc. (AAPL)
- Kim Kardashian West confirms sex of baby
- Rev. Jesse Jackson announces he has Parkinson's disease
- Walker eliminates Wisconsin's minimum hunting age