- A massive fire is burning a residential and retail building in Upper Manhattan Friday afternoon. With over 100 firefighters trying to control the situation, it appeared that wind had made the fire harder to maintain.
The FDNY formed a perimeter around the block to prevent anyone from being hit by falling debris, officials said. "It scared the hell out of me, it looked like an occupied building".More news: Is This Finally Confirmation Meghan Markle Is Leaving Suits ?
No injuries have been reported and it's unclear how many people were inside the building when the blaze started. The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene advises avoiding smoke exposure from structural fires by closing windows while indoors and reducing outdoor activity where smoke is present.
So far, no injuries have been reported, an FDNY spokesman said. By 4 p.m., the smoke had transitioned from black to a light gray as ladder trucks laid gallons of water on the flames.More news: Danica Patrick announces retirement as full-time driver
Dramatic footage shows large plumes of smoke coming from the building as well as the entire roof on fire.More news: Mangaluru ahead of Mumbai, New York in flooding risk
- Mahira Khan opens up about 'Verna' ban
- UN Command Postpones Disclosing CCTV Footage of N. Korean Soldier's Defection
- Rev. Jesse Jackson announces he has Parkinson's disease
- Kim Kardashian West confirms sex of baby
- Opko Health, Inc. (OPK)- Stocks Flirting with Minor Gains and Losses
- Rose Byrne welcomes her second child with Bobby Cannavale
- Barcelona set to offer Lionel Messi a lifetime deal
- Women become first Nigerian qualifiers, African bobsledders at Winter Games
- Digital Realty Trust, Inc. (DLR) Stake Increased by CIBC Asset Management Inc
- Any Russians in the Room? Sessions Jokes at Washington Speech