"First, I'm never going to do that", he said".
Kislayk's statement has added significance because Attorney General Jeff Sessions continues to be bogged down by his meetings with the Russian Ambassador.
In October, Sessions instructed federal prosecutors that the department would no longer interpret a 1964 federal civil rights law as protecting transgender workers from employment discrimination.
"Effective immediately, department components may not issue guidance documents that purport to create rights or obligations binding on persons or entities outside the Executive Branch (including state, local and tribal governments)", Sessions wrote in three-page memo on Friday.More news: Mahira Khan opens up about 'Verna' ban
The attorney general began his speech with a joke.
"I get frustrated, too", Sessions said, but vowed his "department will not make decisions based on politics" and will not confirm investigations to get a few "cheap headlines".
Sessions has come under scrutiny for failing to disclose during his Senate confirmation hearing that he met with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
"Elections really do have consequences", Sessions said with a smile.More news: How Does Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (AAP) Stack Up Right Now?
Sessions has come under scrutiny lately for his congressional testimony related to Russian Federation and any ties to Trump associates.
There have been suggestions Sessions had a third, unreported contact with the ambassador in April 2016, at Washington's Mayflower Hotel.
Kislyak's interview comes after Sessions faced extensive questioning this week, when the House Judiciary Committee asked him about inconsistencies in his previous testimony about how he had no knowledge about any contact between the Trump campaign and Russian Federation. Papadopoulos made the offer during a meeting that both Sessions and Mr. Trump attended in March 2016.More news: MoviePass launches one-year subscription plan for $6.95 a month
- Saudi King Salman Meets with French FM
- Analyst Ratings and Financial Health of Apple Inc. (AAPL)
- Lyon to fight to keep Arsenal target Fekir beyond January
- Gusty winds will impact the mountains Saturday, flurries Sunday
- Huge fire rips through block of flats in NY
- Is This Finally Confirmation Meghan Markle Is Leaving Suits ?
- Rose Byrne welcomes her second child with Bobby Cannavale
- Setback for Sharad Yadav: Election Commission calls Nitish-led group real JD(U)
- Barcelona set to offer Lionel Messi a lifetime deal
- Kim Kardashian West confirms sex of baby