Starting today, YouTube is rolling out a new system that integrates upcoming US tour dates right into music video landing pages via Ticketmaster's database. Starting today, the Google-owned company will begin featuring hundreds of artists' upcoming USA tour dates on their YouTube videos beneath the video's description.
This added integration will include information about the nearest show as well as upcoming tour dates. It has future plans to expand the feature worldwide.More news: Country Trust Bank Reduces Holdings in Express Scripts Holding Company (ESRX)
Next to all the listings is a "tickets" button that, when clicked, will redirect users to Ticketmaster's website to make their purchase.
The feature - initially only available in the USA, but with plans to roll it out internationally - sees upcoming concert dates for some of the world's biggest artists listed under their videos. The feature works in the standard YouTube app but not the YouTube Music app as of yet. There's no mention of expanding to other ticketing companies and not all artists use Ticketmaster. In addition to removing videos that directly preach hate or seek to incite violence, the company will remove videos of named terrorists - unless the content is journalistic or educational in nature, such as documentaries and news reports.More news: Braxton Beverly cleared to play immediately for NC State
YouTube is partnering with TicketMaster to provide information about upcoming concerts, and to enable the purchases.
YouTube, owned by Google, is the world's largest video-hosting platform and the web's second most popular site (after Google).More news: Donald Trump spoke to Chinese president about UCLA basketball players
YouTube won't cost any more cash than it does already, but soon you'll see concert tickets offered on music artist videos. It's quite likely this will also apply to music videos with claimed ownership by artists and labels long before most modern YouTube content rules were in place. It can be found underneath a music video's description on desktop or right under the video in the mobile app.
- Cards Against Humanity Announces New Holiday Promotion
- Ben Affleck wants a 'cool way' to leave the DC universe
- Reese Witherspoon & Zendaya Team Up for New Movie 'A White Lie'
- European Tour Fantasy Golf Picks & Predictions
- Diamondbacks' Lovullo chosen as NL's top skipper
- Panthers' Curtis Samuel out for Year With Ankle Injury
- Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' sells a million copies in four days
- Majidi's Film to Open India Festival
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) - Short Term Look
- Marlins' asking price for Giancarlo Stanton 'out of touch with reality'