A NY woman is facing a second-degree murder charge after police say she intentionally drowned her 10-day-old son in the bathtub.
Jeremiah was transported Rochester General Hospital, where he died, reported WHEC.More news: Advanced 'Justice League' tickets are outpacing Wonder Woman's sales
Upon being interviewed by investigators from the Rochester Police Department's Special Victim Investigations, she admitted to intentionally drowning Jeremiah in the bathtub with the goal of ending his life.
Mitchell admitted to intentionally causing the death of her son, Ciminelli said in a press release.
Mitchell is expected to return to court Friday for a preliminary hearing as additional charges are considered for her case.More news: Dallas Cowboys Rumors: Latest Injury Updates on Sean Lee and Tyron Smith
Police revealed that Mitchell has a criminal record, but they would not give details on her criminal history. A judge ordered she be held in jail without bond. Authorities also declined discussing Mitchell's mental state.
Police say 25-year-old Mitchell admitted to intentionally drowning her baby inside her apartment at 31 Locust Street in the city. Allegedly the woman beat her 7 year old child with hammer, only to recently have gotten her child back from CPS, before relinquishing the child.
A felony complaint says Mitchell intentionally drowned her 10-day-old son, Jeremiah, and left him there for one to two hours.More news: AFFLECK & ABRAMS Unites New All-Star Super-Team with ANISTON, SHAQ, More
- FDA Warns Of Deaths Linked To Opioid-Like Kratom
- Jack Sock ends United States drought with ATP Finals win vs. Marin Cilic
- Connecticut Court hears arguments in Newtown school shooting case
- Kulicke and Soffa Industries, Inc. Earnings Ahead: Quick Glance
- European Tour Fantasy Golf Picks & Predictions
- Over 400 US Millionaires Urge US Congress to Avoid Cutting Taxes
- Senate committee considers Trump's authority to launch nuclear weapons
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI) Cut to "Sell" at Vetr Inc
- Uber in trouble again with class action lawsuits from USA riders
- Politics Buhari Snubs Guard of Honour at Ebonyi Govt. House