The man chose to drift into unconsciousness rather than tap out in the main event of UFC 217 and, just days later, when a potential USADA violation removed Anderson Silva from his scheduled 185lbs clash with Kelvin Gastelum, Bisping wanted to get back to doing what he does best. The main card will air on the promotion's streaming service, UFC Fight Pass.
Bisping, 38, is no stranger to last-minute fights, having won his middleweight title against Luke Rockhold at UFC 199 in 2016 on just 17 days notice.
MICHAEL BISPING takes on Georges St-Pierre at UFC 217 - here are the two fighter's best moments inside the Octagon ahead of the bout. "I've been at peace for a long time", he said.
"Again, I have nothing against China, they are a lovely race of people".More news: Spot-on Jedinak fires Australia into World Cup
"I was planning on my last fight being in March".
But anyway, I can only thank him and all of you for the love and affection.
Silva broke his silence on the situation when he declared in a tweeted statement that he "will not give up" and "nothing changes my plans" as far as continuing his MMA career. That's why I want to fight Kelvin because I know I can do better than last week.
At 42 years old, Silva wrote on social media that he competes "not because of fame or money, it's because I love to fight". Now it's more WWF (E)", GSP said when appearing at the New York Stock Exchange. "It's insane. "Nothing changed. A big kiss for everyone and see you soon".More news: Checking the Overall Picture for Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL)
While he did not address being flagged by USADA (the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, which runs the UFC's anti-doping program) head on, Silva did thank fans for their support - and stated unequivocally that he was not done fighting.
However, this isn't his first time failing a drug test as he is a repeat offender.
Silva was first flagged in relation to his UFC 183 headlining bout with Nick Diaz in January of 2015.
As a result of that failure, he received a one-year suspension and $380,000 fine from the Nevada State Athletic Commission.More news: Scotch admits defeat on minimum pricing
- Nandi Awards or Nandamuri Awards!
- Flydubai orders 175 Boeing jets, purchasing options for 50 more
- Britain's Johnson to meet husband of aid worker jailed in Iran
- Qualcomm rejects Broadcom's $103-billion takeover proposal
- Election Commission bars BJP from using the term 'Pappu' in Gujarat elections
- Cyber Monday Tops Black Friday For Holiday Shopping
- Russia's State Duma passes amendments to foreign agent media law
- Manchester United can Sign €80m Star for €45m in January - Mou's Priority
- IPhone X's Face ID fooled effortlessly by a 10 year old
- I'm A Celeb bosses reportedly increase security around Ant McPartlin