Rose McGowan was released from custody Tuesday after turning herself in for a drug possession charge.
Actress Rose McGowan, a leading voice against sexual harassment in Hollywood, has accepted an arrest warrant on a drug charge in a Washington suburb.
The warrant was obtained by police after officers from Washington Dulles International Airport searched McGowan's belongings and found substances that tested positive for narcotics, according to police.More news: Mannkind Corporation (NASDAQ:MNKD) Sees Price Swing - Down $0.08
The warrant, obtained by the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police Department, was issued on February 1, according to the Associated Press. The Hollywood Reporter said McGowan confirmed she was referring to disgraced media mogul Harvey Weinstein.
McGowan had not released a statement about the warrant as of Monday night.
McGowan turned herself in in Loudoun County, Virginia, and was served with the arrest warrant. "What a load of HORSES-", she wrote.More news: Kulicke and Soffa Industries, Inc. Earnings Ahead: Quick Glance
"There is a warrant out for my arrest in Virginia", McGowan tweeted in late October.
Ms McGowan reportedly reached a settlement with Weinstein after a hotel room encounter during the Sundance Film Festival.
She says she only realized that settlement did not include a nondisclosure component this summer, and this month accused the producer of the sexual assault on Twitter.More news: Nokia Corporation (NOK) Given "Buy" Rating at JP Morgan Chase & Co
- Devastating tremors in Iran and Iraq: the death toll is growing rapidly
- Nextera Energy (NEE) Investment Increased by Risk Paradigm Group, LLC
- Dallas Cowboys Rumors: Latest Injury Updates on Sean Lee and Tyron Smith
- Infinix Zero 5 Smartphone With 16 Megapixel Front Camera Launched At ₹17999
- Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Stake Increased by Dimensional Fund Advisors Lp
- Connecticut Court hears arguments in Newtown school shooting case
- It's not just Russian Federation , 30 countries used the internet to manipulate elections
- Congresswoman Says Two Current Members of Congress Sexually Harassed Staffers
- With Cardiogram's AI, Apple Watch can detect sleep apnea, hypertension, study shows
- Senate committee considers Trump's authority to launch nuclear weapons