Zendaya is set to produce and star in the upcoming thriller A White Lie, as the first African-American woman to graduate from Vassar College.
In the film, based on Karin Tanabe's book The Gilded Years, the 21-year-old actress will portray Anita Hemmings, a light-skinned descendant of slaves who passed as white to access educational opportunities she wouldn't otherwise have.More news: Eve Officially Joins 'The Talk' on CBS
"Since childhood, Anita Hemmings has longed to attend the country's most exclusive school for women, Vassar College".
The movie will show Hemmings fully immersing herself into upper-class NY society, where she's treated as a wealthy white woman.More news: Diamondbacks' Lovullo chosen as NL's top skipper
Spider-Man: Homecoming star co-star Zendaya will play Hemmings.
The film will also feature a love story between Hemmings and a Harvard student. Reese Witherspoon and Lauren Neustadter will be producing A White Lie alongside Zendaya. "Undercover". The series was renewed for a third season past year, which Zendaya also produced. She will also reprise her role as Michelle Jones in the Spider-Man sequel opposite Tom Holland. She will next be seen opposite Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron in "The Greatest Showman" as trapeze artist Anne Wheeler.More news: FDA Warns Of Deaths Linked To Opioid-Like Kratom
- Jack Sock ends United States drought with ATP Finals win vs. Marin Cilic
- Over 400 US Millionaires Urge US Congress to Avoid Cutting Taxes
- Missed opportunity? The Putin-Trump summit that wasn't
- Connecticut Court hears arguments in Newtown school shooting case
- Why? Markiya Mitchell Rochester mom drowns baby son
- Advanced 'Justice League' tickets are outpacing Wonder Woman's sales
- Martin O'Neill: Republic of Ireland manager to discuss future
- Politics Buhari Snubs Guard of Honour at Ebonyi Govt. House
- European Tour Fantasy Golf Picks & Predictions
- Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' sells a million copies in four days