Saudi Arabia's United Nations ambassador is denying that there has been an embargo on Yemen, saying "a temporary procedure" was taken for a few days to ensure the safety and security of Yemenis and Saudis and supplies were available.
On Monday, the coalition said it would reopen ports in areas held by allied forces and loosen restrictions it had raised after the firing of the missile, which was intercepted near Riyadh's global airport.
He added: "We believe that there should be a more robust verification mechanism in Hodeidah port and we want to work with the United Nations".More news: Cammalleri traded to Oilers by Kings for Jokinen
The coalition led by Saudi has turned away or delayed a host of ships carrying fuel and supplies to ports under control of the rebels.
A Saudi-led coalition airstrike in Yemen's capital destroyed a navigation station at Sanaa airport, which is critical to receiving already limited aid shipments, local authorities capital said on Tuesday.
The coalition closed all air, land and sea access to Yemen last week following the interception of a missile fired toward the Saudi capital, saying it had to stem the flow of arms to the Houthis from Iran.
He also said that the more the blockade tightens, the more the Houthis will develop their abilities to "respond to the assault of the enemy".More news: Kate's uncle pleads guilty to punching wife in the face
Transport minister Mourad al-Halimi had said Yemenia flights to the pro-government-held cities of Aden and Seiyun would resume on Sunday, but the national carrier said it did not have the necessary permits to fly.
Saudi Arabia has accused arch-foe Iran of supplying the ballistic missile which was shot down near Riyadh airport without causing any casualties. Aden port, which is controlled by the coalition, does not have the capacity to handle the volume of humanitarian cargo and would mean hazardous cross-line deliveries. In March 2015, the Saudi-led coalition of mostly Persian Gulf countries launched airstrikes against the Houthis at Hadi's request. The three-year-long conflict has resulted in an estimated 10,000 people being killed.
Saudi Arabia announced it shut down all ports after a November 4 ballistic missile attack on Riyadh near its worldwide airport by the Shiite rebels known as Houthis.More news: Sharif, Maryam, Safdar appear before accountability court for trial proceedings
- Zimbabwean army cuts roads to government offices
- Papa John's apologizes for comments made about National Football League players
- India Summit: Modi calls for efforts to uproot terrorism
- Senator to introduce marriage equality bill immediately pending 'yes' vote
- World's 'most beautiful' diamond sold at auction for £25.5m
- Harvey Weinstein Sued For Allegedly Raping Actress in Hotel
- Incidence of non-communicable diseases in India rose by 25 % since 1990
- 25 injured by collision between two trains at Singapore's Joo Koon station
- East Asia Summit sends message to North Korea -- without Trump
- Testimony: Fox Sports involved in soccer bribes