The Carolina Panthers traded Kelvin Benjamin because of the high regard the team has for rookie wide receiver Curtis Samuel. In 9 games, Samuel made 15 catches for 115 yards and took 4 carries for 64 yards, though he did not find the end zone in the 2017 season. In terms of position flexibility, McCaffrey might be closest to Samuel, who also played running back at Ohio State.More news: Ben Roethlisberger: NFL needs to 'get rid of' Thursday night games
The Panthers announced the second-round pick will undergo season-ending ankle surgery and will be placed on injured reserve.
"There were a lot of good things", offensive coordinator Mike Shula said Tuesday.More news: Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) Stake Increased by Dimensional Fund Advisors Lp
The Panthers have only four other receivers on their active roster - Devin Funchess, Russell Shepard, Kaelin Clay and Brenton Bersin - but Damiere Boyd is eligible to come off injured reserve for the team's game against the Saints on December 3. Speedy second-year wideout Damiere Byrd (broken forearm) is eligible to come off injured reserve before the December 3 game at New Orleans. Is there anybody as fast as him?
"It's probably going to be by committee", Shula added. Guys came in and did their job, knew their assignments. "One of the best things that happened (Monday) night after Curtis (was hurt) is we didn't really feel like we missed a beat".More news: Martin O'Neill: Republic of Ireland manager to discuss future
- Over 400 US Millionaires Urge US Congress to Avoid Cutting Taxes
- Uber in trouble again with class action lawsuits from USA riders
- Nextera Energy (NEE) Investment Increased by Risk Paradigm Group, LLC
- Benefits Of Coffee: Drinking Coffee Might Reduce Risk Of Stroke, Heart Disease
- Congresswoman Says Two Current Members of Congress Sexually Harassed Staffers
- Missed opportunity? The Putin-Trump summit that wasn't
- United Nations adopts Olympic Truce for PyeongChang Winter Olympics
- Connecticut Court hears arguments in Newtown school shooting case
- Kulicke and Soffa Industries, Inc. Earnings Ahead: Quick Glance
- FDA Warns Of Deaths Linked To Opioid-Like Kratom