The automakers have been narrowing down the list for weeks.
The Greensboro News & Record reported a group has set aside almost 1,900 acres along the Guilford and Alamance county lines to help attract a vehicle manufacturer.More news: Rose McGowan Surrenders on Felony Drug Charge Warrant
North Carolina is one of the final two states in the running to get a prized Toyota-Mazda factory worth $1.6 billion, Bloomberg reports. But all of the state's efforts have been in vain, with companies from Volvo to Mercedes to Hyundai picking other sites in the Southeast. Until recently, other states still under consideration for the factory were Tennessee, Texas and SC. Toyota plans to assemble the Corolla sedan at the plant, while Mazda said it will use the factory to produce new crossover vehicles for the USA market.
The factory is scheduled to open in 2021.More news: Politics Buhari Snubs Guard of Honour at Ebonyi Govt. House
Both Toyota and Mazda declined to comment to Bloomberg about the claims. The news source reports MS was seen as an early contender for the plant.
Toyota's collaboration with Mazda goes beyond the shared plant.More news: FDA Warns Of Deaths Linked To Opioid-Like Kratom
- Jack Sock ends United States drought with ATP Finals win vs. Marin Cilic
- Dallas Cowboys Rumors: Latest Injury Updates on Sean Lee and Tyron Smith
- Cards Against Humanity Announces New Holiday Promotion
- Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' sells a million copies in four days
- Martin O'Neill: Republic of Ireland manager to discuss future
- Placing This Stock in the Hotbed: Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (NASDAQ:COKE)
- Missed opportunity? The Putin-Trump summit that wasn't
- Majidi's Film to Open India Festival
- Country Trust Bank Reduces Holdings in Express Scripts Holding Company (ESRX)
- Reese Witherspoon & Zendaya Team Up for New Movie 'A White Lie'