The automakers have been narrowing down the list for weeks.
The Greensboro News & Record reported a group has set aside almost 1,900 acres along the Guilford and Alamance county lines to help attract a vehicle manufacturer.More news: Why? Markiya Mitchell Rochester mom drowns baby son
North Carolina is one of the final two states in the running to get a prized Toyota-Mazda factory worth $1.6 billion, Bloomberg reports. But all of the state's efforts have been in vain, with companies from Volvo to Mercedes to Hyundai picking other sites in the Southeast. Until recently, other states still under consideration for the factory were Tennessee, Texas and SC. Toyota plans to assemble the Corolla sedan at the plant, while Mazda said it will use the factory to produce new crossover vehicles for the USA market.
The factory is scheduled to open in 2021.More news: With Cardiogram's AI, Apple Watch can detect sleep apnea, hypertension, study shows
Both Toyota and Mazda declined to comment to Bloomberg about the claims. The news source reports MS was seen as an early contender for the plant.
Toyota's collaboration with Mazda goes beyond the shared plant.More news: The Lima Salvation Army needs volunteers
- Diamondbacks' Lovullo chosen as NL's top skipper
- Allen County Public Health supports antibiotic awareness
- Placing This Stock in the Hotbed: Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (NASDAQ:COKE)
- Reese Witherspoon & Zendaya Team Up for New Movie 'A White Lie'
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI) Cut to "Sell" at Vetr Inc
- Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' sells a million copies in four days
- Politics Buhari Snubs Guard of Honour at Ebonyi Govt. House
- Marlins' asking price for Giancarlo Stanton 'out of touch with reality'
- Over 400 US Millionaires Urge US Congress to Avoid Cutting Taxes
- Rose McGowan Surrenders on Felony Drug Charge Warrant