On the other hand, he loves what comes next: Boston putting its 13-game winning streak on the line against the National Basketball Association champions.
The Celtics will be off Wednesday, but their winning streak will be put to the test Thursday when they host the Golden State Warriors at TD Garden in a high-powered cross-conference clash. "So I'm looking forward to all that hoopla".
As the Boston Celtics (12-2) look for their 13th victory in a row Tuesday night against the Brooklyn Nets (5-8) at Barclays Center, the team got good news earlier today when star point guard Kyrie Irving returned to the starting lineup. "Hopefully, it'll get better in the next few weeks". "When I have the mask on, I'm really dialed into what's in front of me, my peripherals are a little cut off, but it's just something you get you used to".More news: Greek life suspended after Texas State sophomore found dead in pledging incident
It was Irving's first game back since he suffered a minor facial fracture during Friday's game against the Charlotte Hornets. He fiddled with the mask frequently, but it didn't seem to affect his play much.
Irving's masked showing helped the Celtics win at least 13 straight games for the 11th time in team history, Boston also is on its first 13-game run since winning 14 straight November 22 to December 22, 2010.
Reserve Joe Harris led the Nets with 19 points while Rondae Hollis-Jefferson added 16. Allen Crabbe and Caris LeVert added 15 points apiece. "So that's that. Just wearing a mask for precautionary reasons". He scored a then career-high 41 points in a loss at NY on December 15, 2012, while with Cleveland. It's nearly like having somewhat foggy blinders on.More news: Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) - Short Term Look
"They turned up their defense and we couldn't handle it", Nets coach Kenny Atkinson said. "We just have to do it in long stretches".
HOUSTON (AP) - DeMar DeRozan scored 27 points and Toronto built a big lead in the first half and held on for a win over Houston.
James Harden led Houston (11-4) with 38 points and 11 assists, going 19-of-19 from the free throw line. He scored 21 points on 8-for-9 shooting in the team's win over Toronto. After Wright's layup, Kyle Lowry stole the ball from Harden, and DeRozan finished on the other end with a dunk to make it 116-103. The free throw was his 19th, setting a franchise record for most foul shots without a miss in a game.More news: European Tour Fantasy Golf Picks & Predictions
At Dallas, LaMarcus Aldridge scored 32 points and Australian guard Patty Mills added 19 to spark the San Antonio Spurs over the Dallas Mavericks 97-91.
- Donald Trump spoke to Chinese president about UCLA basketball players
- World's richest 1% of people now own half global wealth, finds study
- Placing This Stock in the Hotbed: Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (NASDAQ:COKE)
- One Tree Hill showrunner Mark Schwahn has been blamed for inappropriate behavior
- Cards Against Humanity Announces New Holiday Promotion
- Roy Moore addresses church crowd in Alabama amidst sexual assault scandal
- The Lima Salvation Army needs volunteers
- NC a finalist for $1.6 billion Toyota-Mazda plant, report says
- Reese Witherspoon & Zendaya Team Up for New Movie 'A White Lie'
- Allen County Public Health supports antibiotic awareness