Miami has struggled to surround him with top-tier talent, however, resulting in the Marlins' 77-85 record last season.More news: With Cardiogram's AI, Apple Watch can detect sleep apnea, hypertension, study shows
Olney used "in the interim" because he could see the Stanton saga playing out a long time given its complexity.
"Teams that have talked with the Marlins say they're somewhat out of touch with reality in terms of what they're asking for in prospects and also in what they expect teams to take on with that salary". But, finding a team with a combination of prospects and ability to pay the remaining $295 million on the deal won't be easy. Figure a lot more are out there waiting to see how it all plays out.More news: Missed opportunity? The Putin-Trump summit that wasn't
Major League Baseball's GM Meetings are in progress in Orlando, and the future of Miami Marlins' slugger Giancarlo Stanton is becoming an increasingly hot topic. Perhaps there's some flexibility in that stance, but Stanton's preference is a factor. But if they're going to try to trade him, they need him to go along with it.
According to MLB.com, the Philadelphia Phillies, St. Louis Cardinals, San Francisco Giants and Boston Red Sox are among the teams interested in acquiring Stanton. If they're either (a) paying a ton of money for him; or (b) potentially only having him for two seasons, they want to pay less than what the Marlins are now asking.More news: Advanced 'Justice League' tickets are outpacing Wonder Woman's sales
- Uber in trouble again with class action lawsuits from USA riders
- Panthers' Curtis Samuel out for Year With Ankle Injury
- Rose McGowan Surrenders on Felony Drug Charge Warrant
- Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' sells a million copies in four days
- FDA Warns Of Deaths Linked To Opioid-Like Kratom
- Martin O'Neill: Republic of Ireland manager to discuss future
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI) Cut to "Sell" at Vetr Inc
- Eve Officially Joins 'The Talk' on CBS
- Kulicke and Soffa Industries, Inc. Earnings Ahead: Quick Glance
- Diamondbacks' Lovullo chosen as NL's top skipper