Miami has struggled to surround him with top-tier talent, however, resulting in the Marlins' 77-85 record last season.More news: Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' sells a million copies in four days
Olney used "in the interim" because he could see the Stanton saga playing out a long time given its complexity.
"Teams that have talked with the Marlins say they're somewhat out of touch with reality in terms of what they're asking for in prospects and also in what they expect teams to take on with that salary". But, finding a team with a combination of prospects and ability to pay the remaining $295 million on the deal won't be easy. Figure a lot more are out there waiting to see how it all plays out.More news: Placing This Stock in the Hotbed: Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (NASDAQ:COKE)
Major League Baseball's GM Meetings are in progress in Orlando, and the future of Miami Marlins' slugger Giancarlo Stanton is becoming an increasingly hot topic. Perhaps there's some flexibility in that stance, but Stanton's preference is a factor. But if they're going to try to trade him, they need him to go along with it.
According to MLB.com, the Philadelphia Phillies, St. Louis Cardinals, San Francisco Giants and Boston Red Sox are among the teams interested in acquiring Stanton. If they're either (a) paying a ton of money for him; or (b) potentially only having him for two seasons, they want to pay less than what the Marlins are now asking.More news: United Nations adopts Olympic Truce for PyeongChang Winter Olympics
- Advanced 'Justice League' tickets are outpacing Wonder Woman's sales
- Martin O'Neill: Republic of Ireland manager to discuss future
- European Tour Fantasy Golf Picks & Predictions
- Jack Sock ends United States drought with ATP Finals win vs. Marin Cilic
- Why? Markiya Mitchell Rochester mom drowns baby son
- Senate committee considers Trump's authority to launch nuclear weapons
- Braxton Beverly cleared to play immediately for NC State
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI) Cut to "Sell" at Vetr Inc
- Diamondbacks' Lovullo chosen as NL's top skipper
- Politics Buhari Snubs Guard of Honour at Ebonyi Govt. House