(BA) single-aisle jets in a deal worth $27 billion, as the airline looks to expand aggressively beyond the wider Middle East.
Flydubai has committed to buy 175 MAX airplanes and purchased rights for 50 additional MAXs, the biggest purchase to Boeing to date, it was announced Wednesday. When finalized, the purchase promises to sustain tens of thousands of direct and indirect jobs in Boeing's US factories and network of suppliers, according to Boeing.
Flydubai orders 175 Boeing jets, purchasing options for 50 more
The airline by the end of the year will have a fleet of 61 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft.
"Our customers rely on fuel-efficiency, reliability and low operating costs to be successful and the 737 MAX aircraft will meet the needs of our customers, and support Alafco's future growth", said Adel Albanwan, deputy chief executive of the leasing company.More news: Election Commission bars BJP from using the term 'Pappu' in Gujarat elections
This new deal surpasses the flydubai's previous record order of 75 MAXs and 11 Next-Generation 737-800s which was signed at the 2013 Dubai Airshow.
Boeing dominates the scorecard so far at the Nov 12-16 show, with $19 billion of orders and provisional commitments while Airbus has yet to disclose an order.More news: India Summit: Modi calls for efforts to uproot terrorism
"We have had success with the 737 family in the past and are confident the 737 MAX will continue to help grow our business".
The order includes 175 jets and purchase options for 50 more and is the third placed by the airline with Boeing in its eight-year history. The MAX family incorporates the latest technology CFM International LEAP-1B engines, Advanced Technology winglets and other improvements to deliver the highest efficiency, reliability and passenger comfort in the single-aisle market.More news: Papa John's apologizes for comments made about National Football League players
- Even Sean Hannity has had it with Roy Moore
- Marquise Goodwin loses baby hours before football game
- Checking the Overall Picture for Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL)
- 5.4 magnitude natural disaster hits South Korea, tremors felt 300-km from epicentre
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions Sued Over Medical Marijuana
- Weather Agency: Magnitude 5.4 Earthquake Hits North Gyeongsang Province
- Manchester United can Sign €80m Star for €45m in January - Mou's Priority
- Vodafone India India's profit before taxes dives 39 per cent
- Incidence of non-communicable diseases in India rose by 25 % since 1990
- Brad Paisley schedules Save Mart Center concert