(BA) single-aisle jets in a deal worth $27 billion, as the airline looks to expand aggressively beyond the wider Middle East.
Flydubai has committed to buy 175 MAX airplanes and purchased rights for 50 additional MAXs, the biggest purchase to Boeing to date, it was announced Wednesday. When finalized, the purchase promises to sustain tens of thousands of direct and indirect jobs in Boeing's US factories and network of suppliers, according to Boeing.
Airbus Ends Order Dearth at Dubai Show With $2.7 Billion Deal
The airline by the end of the year will have a fleet of 61 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft and Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft.
"Our customers rely on fuel-efficiency, reliability and low operating costs to be successful and the 737 MAX aircraft will meet the needs of our customers, and support Alafco's future growth", said Adel Albanwan, deputy chief executive of the leasing company.More news: Senator to introduce marriage equality bill immediately pending 'yes' vote
This new deal surpasses the flydubai's previous record order of 75 MAXs and 11 Next-Generation 737-800s which was signed at the 2013 Dubai Airshow.
Boeing dominates the scorecard so far at the Nov 12-16 show, with $19 billion of orders and provisional commitments while Airbus has yet to disclose an order.More news: World's 'most beautiful' diamond sold at auction for £25.5m
"We have had success with the 737 family in the past and are confident the 737 MAX will continue to help grow our business".
The order includes 175 jets and purchase options for 50 more and is the third placed by the airline with Boeing in its eight-year history. The MAX family incorporates the latest technology CFM International LEAP-1B engines, Advanced Technology winglets and other improvements to deliver the highest efficiency, reliability and passenger comfort in the single-aisle market.More news: US Attorney General Jeff Sessions Sued Over Medical Marijuana
- East Asia Summit sends message to North Korea -- without Trump
- Even Sean Hannity has had it with Roy Moore
- IPhone X's Face ID fooled effortlessly by a 10 year old
- Zimbabwean army cuts roads to government offices
- Papa John's apologizes for comments made about National Football League players
- Barcelona close to agreeing terms with Man United target
- 5.4 magnitude natural disaster hits South Korea, tremors felt 300-km from epicentre
- Election Commission bars BJP from using the term 'Pappu' in Gujarat elections
- Escaped North Korean soldier fights for life after being shot crossing DMZ
- India Summit: Modi calls for efforts to uproot terrorism