As for the electronic ad, it has come to the light that the BJP had submitted a script for its election ad to the State Election Commission for clearance last month. However, they raised objection to the word "Pappu", saying it is derogatory.
Senior BJP leaders from Gujarat will leave for Delhi on Wednesday to discuss the names of the candidates for the upcoming polls with the top leadership.More news: Zimbabwean army cuts roads to government offices
The media committee under the Gujarat Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) objected to the word "pappu" which was mentioned in the BJP's script of advertising, BJP sources cited. "Now, we will change that word and submit a new script for approval", he said.
The video, which is yet to be released, apparently features a character called "Pappu", who is depicted as "dumb" and "does not understand the meaning of development".
BJP spokespersons have lambasted the decision of ECI. "After Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi visited parts of Gujarat by road, more aspirants want to contest on Congress symbol now".More news: Senator to introduce marriage equality bill immediately pending 'yes' vote
Another BJP spokesperson Nalin Kohli has urged a justification from the poll panel on why the video has been blocked.
In the series of letters Gujarat election commission extremely opposed the use word Pappu.
Assembly elections in Gujarat are scheduled for December 9 and 14, and the results for the same will be declared on December 18, along with the results for Himachal Pradesh. If they get elected, they will have natural claim and chance of getting a ministerial berth in "next Congress government" in Gujarat", he added.Further stating that Rahul Gandhi has categorically told them not to succumb to any pressure, he added, "We have been asked to go by merits.More news: Testimony: Fox Sports involved in soccer bribes
- Roy Moore addresses church crowd in Alabama amidst sexual assault scandal
- Raid destroyed Sanaa airport navigation station
- Airbus seals record 430-jet deal to outshine Boeing in Dubai
- Weather Agency: Magnitude 5.4 Earthquake Hits North Gyeongsang Province
- 5.4 magnitude natural disaster hits South Korea, tremors felt 300-km from epicentre
- IPhone X's Face ID fooled effortlessly by a 10 year old
- Brad Paisley schedules Save Mart Center concert
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions Sued Over Medical Marijuana
- Belated Trump's responce to Texas Church Shooting has enraged Twitter!
- Incidence of non-communicable diseases in India rose by 25 % since 1990