Speaking to reporters before a trilateral meeting with the Australian and Japanese leaders in Manila, the Philippines, Trump cited "a lot of big progress" on trade during his five-nation Asia trip that ends Tuesday.
South Korea says North Korean soldiers shot at and injured a fellow soldier who was crossing a border village to defect to the South.
He hinted at the announcement while he was at the ASEAN summit in Manila on Monday where he encountered controversial Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte several times.More news: One Tree Hill showrunner Mark Schwahn has been blamed for inappropriate behavior
Duterte has come under fierce criticism from human rights groups for overseeing a violent drug war complete with extrajudicial killings. Annelise Riles, professor of far east legal studies and anthropology at Cornell University and the founder and director of policy innovation platform Meridian 180, says the trip marks an historic moment in the ongoing decline of US power in Asia.
Of course, not one to pass up an opportunity to pat himself on the back, Trump declared his tour of Asia "has been a very fruitful trip for us, and also in all fairness, for a lot of other nations".
The U.S. president did not respond.
He provided a copy of his prepared remarks to the White Hose reporters travelling with him aboard Air Force One on his way back home from Manila at the conclusion of his almost two-week trip to Asia, with stops in Japan, South Korea, China, Vietnam and the Philippines.More news: Donald Trump spoke to Chinese president about UCLA basketball players
Trump also the trip had been "very fruitful" for the United States and pointed to the warm welcomes he had received in capitals like Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing.
"It was red carpet like nobody, I think, has probably ever seen", Trump told reporters. But Trump remains dogged by things he has said, and not said, about Russian Federation. "As now led by fine people, I believe very much in our intelligence agencies". He later said during a press briefing Sunday in Hanoi, Vietnam that he would be a "good thing" if he and Kim became friends.
"As ISIS loses ground in the battlefield, we must remain vigilant about the threat posed by returning foreign fighters and terrorist operatives within our borders, and seeking to cross our borders", he told the world leaders.
But swirling questions about Russian Federation followed Trump halfway across the globe.More news: NC a finalist for $1.6 billion Toyota-Mazda plant, report says
Trump was in the Philippines on Monday and remains dogged by things he has said, and has not said, about Russian Federation.
- YouTube Announces Partnership with Ticketmaster
- Allen County Public Health supports antibiotic awareness
- Toast overlay being used by malicious Android apps to install additional malware
- Country Trust Bank Reduces Holdings in Express Scripts Holding Company (ESRX)
- Denver becomes one of several U.S. cities to ban cat declawing
- Roy Moore addresses church crowd in Alabama amidst sexual assault scandal
- The Justice Department is not actually promising to prosecute Hillary Clinton
- 25 injured by collision between two trains at Singapore's Joo Koon station
- Ben Affleck wants a 'cool way' to leave the DC universe
- Blake Shelton named People's 2017 'Sexiest Man Alive'