The source told ESPN there is surveillance footage of the players shoplifting from three stores inside a high-end retail center.
Police reportedly came to the players' hotel and took them down to the precinct to be "questioned about stealing from a Louis Vuitton store next to the UCLA basketball team's hotel in Hangzhou".
Trump was in China for a visit at the same time as UCLA.More news: Rose McGowan Surrenders on Felony Drug Charge Warrant
UCLA basketball coach Steve Alford, the three players and athletic director Dan Guerrero will make their first public comments regarding the situation on Wednesday morning in Los Angeles.
With the players stranded in China and at the mercies of the Chinese legal system, President Trump reached out to China's leader to ask him to look into the case, according to the Washington Post. "They do not play games". You are talking about long prison sentences.
UCLA beat Georgia Tech 63-60 without the three freshmen.
The news of Trump's involvement was greeted with a range of surprise, outrage and opinions about the Ball family by people weighing in on social media.More news: Saudi-led coalition bombs airport runway in Yemen's capital
"What they did was unfortunate", Trump said.
Anyway, LiAngelo Ball, Riley and Hill were released on bail but didn't play against Georgia Tech, and right now they're still in China.
The elder Ball has become a media personality by aggressively promoting his sons as future National Basketball Association superstars and had travelled to China on the trip to promote his Big Baller Brand shoe and apparel line.
A US official who spoke on the condition of anonymity told The Post that Xi promised to look into the case and ensure that the players be treated fairly and expeditiously, adding that the charges against the three players have been reduced and that the case is moving toward a resolution.More news: Diamondbacks' Lovullo chosen as NL's top skipper
- Politics Buhari Snubs Guard of Honour at Ebonyi Govt. House
- European Tour Fantasy Golf Picks & Predictions
- Country Trust Bank Reduces Holdings in Express Scripts Holding Company (ESRX)
- United Nations adopts Olympic Truce for PyeongChang Winter Olympics
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) - Short Term Look
- Blake Shelton named People's 2017 'Sexiest Man Alive'
- Placing This Stock in the Hotbed: Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (NASDAQ:COKE)
- Panthers' Curtis Samuel out for Year With Ankle Injury
- Allen County Public Health supports antibiotic awareness
- Activision Blizzard, Inc (NASDAQ:ATVI) Cut to "Sell" at Vetr Inc