An natural disaster measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale jolted South Korea on Wednesday.
According to the Korea Meteorological Administration, an aftershock of 5.4 was witnessed minutes later.
So far, there have been no reports of fatal casualties with 7 minor injury cases as of 4:32 PM KST, but it seems the quake did take a toll on building exteriors, vehicles, and in some cases, indoors.More news: 25 injured by collision between two trains at Singapore's Joo Koon station
The residents of Pohang were told to evacuate, the agency said, adding that reports emerged about buildings shaking following the tremor.
South Korean media showed crumbled walls piled on parked cars, broken windows from some buildings and elementary school students taking shelter on a playground.
But seismic activity is closely monitored because a spike in activity is often the first indication that North Korea has carried out a nuclear test.More news: Southeast Asia summit draft statement skips over Rohingya crisis
Before the main tremor, earthquakes of 2.2 and 2.6 magnitude struck areas near Pohang city. No damage to them has been reported.
The quake-hit region is not far from some of the country's nuclear power plants and industrial facilities, including Shin Kori 3, but there has been no report of any damage yet.More news: Ben Affleck wants a 'cool way' to leave the DC universe
- Incidence of non-communicable diseases in India rose by 25 % since 1990
- Masked man: Irving returns as Celtics win 13th straight
- India Summit: Modi calls for efforts to uproot terrorism
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) - Short Term Look
- Toast overlay being used by malicious Android apps to install additional malware
- Donald Trump spoke to Chinese president about UCLA basketball players
- Roy Moore addresses church crowd in Alabama amidst sexual assault scandal
- Senator to introduce marriage equality bill immediately pending 'yes' vote
- Country Trust Bank Reduces Holdings in Express Scripts Holding Company (ESRX)
- Kate's uncle pleads guilty to punching wife in the face