There have been reports of wild boars straying onto the airport in night's darkness for some time and they came true on Sunday.
The Hyderabad-bound IndiGo flight on Sunday night here was delayed by almost three hours due to an encounter with a wild boar which strayed onto the runway in the darkness. The Indigo flight was due to takeoff at 10 pm when it hit a wild boar on the runway, damaging the rear wheel and killing the animal. Once the plane landed, it was thoroughly inspected and cleaned before it finally took off again. "To avoid the risk, he exhausted the fuel by hovering in the sky for almost an hour and landed safely only after the fuel in the tank came down to a minimum", an official of IndiGO Airlines said, adding that the flight resumed its journey an hour later and landed in Hyderabad safely at around 12.15 am on Monday. The crew notified Air Traffic Control+ (ATC), after which the runway was cleared of the carcass for the plane to return for touch down.TThe incident occurred on Sunday in IndiGo flight number 6E-742 from Vishakhapatnam to Hyderabad.More news: Hugh Jackman Musical The Greatest Showman Gets A Second Trailer
But the pilot could not land the flight immediately, as the rear wheel was damaged in the run-in and failed to retract.
Since it was unsafe to land the plane with the fuel tank full, pilots made a decision to fly over the sea for 45 minutes burning fuel before landing at Vizag airport. "This should come as an eye-opener for authorities and they should improve the security at the airport", Kumar said.Authorities should immediately take steps of removing debris, bushes and other unsafe factors on the airport premises, Kumar said.Speaking to TOI, Vizag airport director G Prakash Reddy said they have already written to the Airport Security Unit regarding the insufficient number of staff.More news: J&K: One terrorist killed by security forces in Kulgam encounter
The IndiGo flight, which was supposed to reach Hyderabad by 11.15 pm, took off only at 1 am and reached Hyderabad on Monday 2.15 am.More news: Oman oil minister - confident of agreement this month to extend output cuts
- (QCOM) is up at $65.31 Qualcomm Board of Directors Unanimously…
- Happy Children's Day 2017 Quotes & Wishes, Children's Day WhatsApp Status, Messages
- Sack of 21700 teachers: Buhari backs El-Rufai
- New sanctions could be imposed on Iran over ballistic program
- Nir Zuk Sells 2000 Shares of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. (PANW) Stock
- Woman burnt alive allegedly by stalker in southern India
- Uber gives the green light for sale of stake to SoftBank
- Teravainen, Hurricanes rip Stars 5-1
- Louis CK's TV wife speaks out about his 'abhorrent' behavior
- Dodge & Cox Upped Its Schlumberger LTD (SLB) Holding