President Trump caused an uproar about his tweet about N. Korean president Kim Jong Un.
"Someone, I read the other day, said we all just react to the tweets", Kelly told reporters on Sunday in Vietnam, according to the Los Angeles Times. 'We don't. I don't.
While speaking in Vietnam during Trump's 12-day Asia tour, the White House Chief of Staff said that his responsibility is to brief the president on "what he's about to do". "I'm young. I'm insane, '" Colbert said during his late-night show. "I find out about them".More news: Star Hero's 1.3 Crore Children's Day Gift To Son
Wrapping this up he said any nation that trades with United States knows "that the rules have changed".
US President Donald Trump has the world on tenterhooks after tweeting a cryptic message vowing to make a "major statement" once he returns from his east Asian tour.
"All responsible nations must join forces to isolate the brutal regime of North Korea, to deny it and any form, any form of it", Trump said during a speech in China. After it was reported that the Kim Jong-un had called him "old and insane", Trump mocked the reclusive leader by tweeting that he'd "NEVER call him short and fat".More news: Honor V10 to launch in China on November 28
The retired general went on to say that the tweets "are what they are" but that he doesn't take them into account while trying to shape policy as the staff develops "policy in the normal traditional way".
In the past, Trump has called Kim "little Rocket Man".
In a tweet sent on Sunday from Hanoi, Mr Trump bashed the "haters and fools" he said are questioning his efforts to improve relations with Russian Federation and accused critics of "playing politics" and hurting the country.More news: FDA Approves First Pill That Tracks If You've Swallowed It
- No Xbox One X Bundles will be released this holiday season
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited (CNQ) PT Raised to C$51.00
- Super Eagles Aiming To Shock 'Messi-less' Argentina
- Nigeria's Senate gives go-ahead for $5.5 billion foreign borrowing
- Is Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Real Madrid next year?
- Blizzard confirms Overwatch will run at 4K on Xbox One X
- De La Hoya calls out McGregor, talks return
- Bombardier clinches $1bn order from EgyptAir
- Hacking fears over cuddly toys with Bluetooth
- Cyclist who showed Trump 'middle finger' is showered with money