President Trump caused an uproar about his tweet about N. Korean president Kim Jong Un.
"Someone, I read the other day, said we all just react to the tweets", Kelly told reporters on Sunday in Vietnam, according to the Los Angeles Times. 'We don't. I don't.
While speaking in Vietnam during Trump's 12-day Asia tour, the White House Chief of Staff said that his responsibility is to brief the president on "what he's about to do". "I'm young. I'm insane, '" Colbert said during his late-night show. "I find out about them".More news: Android Oreo will soon save some storage space due to inactive apps
Wrapping this up he said any nation that trades with United States knows "that the rules have changed".
US President Donald Trump has the world on tenterhooks after tweeting a cryptic message vowing to make a "major statement" once he returns from his east Asian tour.
"All responsible nations must join forces to isolate the brutal regime of North Korea, to deny it and any form, any form of it", Trump said during a speech in China. After it was reported that the Kim Jong-un had called him "old and insane", Trump mocked the reclusive leader by tweeting that he'd "NEVER call him short and fat".More news: No Xbox One X Bundles will be released this holiday season
The retired general went on to say that the tweets "are what they are" but that he doesn't take them into account while trying to shape policy as the staff develops "policy in the normal traditional way".
In the past, Trump has called Kim "little Rocket Man".
In a tweet sent on Sunday from Hanoi, Mr Trump bashed the "haters and fools" he said are questioning his efforts to improve relations with Russian Federation and accused critics of "playing politics" and hurting the country.More news: Hacking fears over cuddly toys with Bluetooth
- Cyclist who showed Trump 'middle finger' is showered with money
- Arsene Wenger reveals his next step after Arsenal
- Trump Asks China's President To Help Resolve UCLA Shoplifting Case
- Super Eagles Aiming To Shock 'Messi-less' Argentina
- Blizzard confirms Overwatch will run at 4K on Xbox One X
- I was annoyed Lionel Messi broke my record - Gabriel Batistuta
- Google Pixel 2 XL Just Can't Get A Break
- Honor V10 to launch in China on November 28
- Is Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Real Madrid next year?
- ASI caught on camera getting massage from woman home guard