Friday, 24 November 2017
Latest news
Main » Tom Sizemore Was Removed From Film Set For Alleged Sexual Assault

Tom Sizemore Was Removed From Film Set For Alleged Sexual Assault

14 November 2017

Producers removed Sizemore from the set after hearing about the allegations (he did return to a Malibu, California, home for reshoots months later).

In a statement to the Hollywood Reporter on November 13, Sizemore's agent Stephen Rice said, "Our position is 'no comment'". The woman, now 26, whom THR did not name at her request, said she's exploring legal action against the actor and possibly her parents.

A dozen different cast and crew members from the film, also known as Born Killers, have spoken about the event.

The now-55-year-old actor, infamous for domestic battery convictions, on-set outbursts and a almost lifelong battle with drugs, remained one of Hollywood's busiest character actors until Monday, when THR, citing multiple named sources who were present, published one of the most disturbing accounts of sexual misconduct since Harvey Weinstein.

More news: Raiders' first-round pick Gareon Conley placed on IR

Sizemore's other film roles include Born on the Fourth of July, True Romance, Natural Born Killers, Heat, Black Hawk Down and Pearl Harbor. That's when Sizemore allegedly "either rubbed his finger against the girl's vagina or inserted it inside".

Robyn Adamson, who portrayed Sizemore's wife in the pictures, offered a devastating account of what she witnessed.

The next day, casting director Catrine McGregor said she got a call from the young girl's agent, informing her that the girl had told her mother she had been inappropriately touched.

The producers of the movie, Michael Manshel, and Gus Spoliansky stated that when they found out about what he did, he was subsequently removed from the set.

More news: Sack of 21700 teachers: Buhari backs El-Rufai

The girl's mother noticed her daughter was being unusually quiet the next day, and the girl revealed the alleged inappropriate touching when she put on a bathing suit to go swimming, as she said the suit felt similar to Sizemore's fingers. "We also talked to Tom at the time, and told him everything that had been told to us, and he said: 'I've done a lot of very bad things, and I'd never do anything with kids.' We considered whether we had some responsibility to him to not pass judgment on him". She added that afterward, "the young girl had trouble taking direction".

Producers told THR that the actor's alleged behavior against the young girl happened during lengthy portrait sessions in Utah for the $5 million film.

The Saving Private Ryan actor, who was charged with methamphetamine possession in 2007 and later appeared on Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew, pleaded no contest to two misdemeanor charges of domestic abuse in February this year. "Later, when I was told about what happened, I knew exactly what it was".

"There was never any doubt", Roi Maufas, who worked as a production assistant, told THR. In 2003, he was sentenced to six months in prison for physically abusing his ex-girlfriend, "Hollywood Madam" Heidi Fleiss.

More news: Shares Of Prospect Capital Corporation (PSEC) bought By OSWALD BRIAN H

Tom Sizemore Was Removed From Film Set For Alleged Sexual Assault