Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi, will return to play with the team as they face two-time World Cup winners, Argentina, at the Krasnodar Arena Stadium, Russia on Tuesday. Three days later, Argentina sealed qualification following an inspirational display from Lionel Messi.
Mainz defender Balogun said the match is like a World Cup to the Nigerians because they have been looking forward to this game for a long time and they will give Argentina a good run for their money.
"We have a game plan, which does not depend on him".More news: AWS sells China hardware to local cloud partner
Mikel again lost to the Albiceleste at 2008 Olympic Games Final, but found some joy when he played in the side that beat them 4-1 in a friendly game in Abuja in 2011.
It is expected that boss Jorge Sampaoli will bring in Paulo Dybala for Messi, who scored a hat-trick in the 3-1 win over Ecuador last month as Argentina booked their place at the World Cup at the end of a largely disappointing qualifying campaign. It was possible to play in Russian Federation against Argentina.
Nigeria have also qualified for the World Cup after dominating Group B in the CAF qualification ahead of Zambia, Cameroon and Algeria.More news: 4th person shot dead in Tampa neighborhood
In both drawn games away from home, they were pegged back by late penalty kicks to the hosts in the dying minutes.
Nigeria have won only one game in seven senior meetings against Argentina since 1994 to date.More news: Didier Drogba announces the date of his retirement
- Bombardier clinches $1bn order from EgyptAir
- No Xbox One X Bundles will be released this holiday season
- China overtakes the USA in race for supercomputer dominance
- Stock Trend Analysis Report: Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (FIS)
- FDA Approves First Pill That Tracks If You've Swallowed It
- Word Diabetes Day: 2.1 Million women die of diabetes yearly
- Trump Asks China's President To Help Resolve UCLA Shoplifting Case
- Democratic Sen. Feinstein says judicial nominee has conflict
- Android Oreo will soon save some storage space due to inactive apps
- Star Hero's 1.3 Crore Children's Day Gift To Son