The Nifty of National Stock Exchange (NSE) too dropped by 96.80 points to 10,224.95.
M&M, Axis Bank, Hindustan Unilever, TCS, SBI and NTPC, rose by up to 2.10 per cent in early trade.More news: Louis CK's TV wife speaks out about his 'abhorrent' behavior
The rupee extended losses for the second straight session and ended down by 26 paise to close at over one-month low of 65.42 a dollar amid heightened tensions in the Middle East. Among them are Bank of Baroda, Sun Pharma, Eicher Motors, GAIL, Jaiprakash Associates, MOIL, Reliance Capial, Religare Enterprises, Omaxe, IVRCL, Unitech, Gitanjali Gems, Anant Raj, Apex Frozen and Cadila Healthcare.
The BSE market breadth was bearish - 1,629 declines and 1,082 advances.More news: Trump Plans To Deliver Major Trade Announcement
The Nifty registered day's high and low at 10,334.15 and 10,216.25 points, respectively.
Equity markets on Tuesday spiralled down further as Sensex lost nearly a 100 points to close below the 33,000-mark. Investors now turned their focus to September quarterly earnings due today. Reuters had found that retail inflation is likely to have sped up to a seven-month high in October.More news: Marriage Law survey results out tomorrow
The 30-scrip S&P BSE Sensex, which opened at 33,397.41 points, closed at 33,033.56 points - down 281 points or 0.84 per cent - from Thursday's close. Sensex was up by over 72 points or 0.22% at 33,106.21 while the wider Nifty was up by 11 points or 0.11% at 10,236.55.
- Shanshan Feng leads Blue Bay LPGA after 3 rounds
- Iran sticks to key limits of nuclear deal: United Nations watchdog report
- The Cornerstone Capital Inc. Sold shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (TMO)
- King Power: Leicester City's owners will fight '£323m lawsuit'
- PM Modi, Australia PM Turnbull hold bilateral meeting — ASEAN Summit
- GI tag says West Bengal is where the 'rosogolla' originated
- Mad Max's George Miller Is Taking Warner Bros. to Court
- New weather satellite scheduled to be launched on Tuesday
- YSU grad murdered outside Massillon hospital
- Google punches up doodle tribute to the office hole puncher