The Nifty of National Stock Exchange (NSE) too dropped by 96.80 points to 10,224.95.
M&M, Axis Bank, Hindustan Unilever, TCS, SBI and NTPC, rose by up to 2.10 per cent in early trade.More news: YSU grad murdered outside Massillon hospital
The rupee extended losses for the second straight session and ended down by 26 paise to close at over one-month low of 65.42 a dollar amid heightened tensions in the Middle East. Among them are Bank of Baroda, Sun Pharma, Eicher Motors, GAIL, Jaiprakash Associates, MOIL, Reliance Capial, Religare Enterprises, Omaxe, IVRCL, Unitech, Gitanjali Gems, Anant Raj, Apex Frozen and Cadila Healthcare.
The BSE market breadth was bearish - 1,629 declines and 1,082 advances.More news: (QCOM) is up at $65.31 Qualcomm Board of Directors Unanimously…
The Nifty registered day's high and low at 10,334.15 and 10,216.25 points, respectively.
Equity markets on Tuesday spiralled down further as Sensex lost nearly a 100 points to close below the 33,000-mark. Investors now turned their focus to September quarterly earnings due today. Reuters had found that retail inflation is likely to have sped up to a seven-month high in October.More news: Everton have £8.5m move for Silva rejected by Watford
The 30-scrip S&P BSE Sensex, which opened at 33,397.41 points, closed at 33,033.56 points - down 281 points or 0.84 per cent - from Thursday's close. Sensex was up by over 72 points or 0.22% at 33,106.21 while the wider Nifty was up by 11 points or 0.11% at 10,236.55.
- Thieves tunnel 25 feet into bank near Mumbai
- Iran sticks to key limits of nuclear deal: United Nations watchdog report
- Mad Max's George Miller Is Taking Warner Bros. to Court
- TransEnterix, Inc. (TRXC), CVS Health Corporation (CVS) — Traders Focused Stocks
- Teravainen, Hurricanes rip Stars 5-1
- GI tag says West Bengal is where the 'rosogolla' originated
- Chelsea fans react to what Tiemoue Bakayoko has said about N'Golo Kante
- PM Modi, Australia PM Turnbull hold bilateral meeting — ASEAN Summit
- Hugh Jackman Musical The Greatest Showman Gets A Second Trailer
- Oman oil minister - confident of agreement this month to extend output cuts