Governor Nasir El-Rufai to reform the education sector in Kaduna state through the institution of competency test for teachers in the state.
The group reiterated that the strength of every Nation is in the youth and the strength of the youth is in Education, saying that the failed teachers must go and that the government decision to weed out unqualified teachers must be commended by all and sundry who mean well for the state.
Nasir El-Rufai had told a World Bank delegation in his office that, "We tested our 33,000 primary school teachers, we gave them primary four exams and required they must get at least 75 per cent but I'm sad to announce that 66 per cent of them failed to get the requirements", he said.More news: Disneyland Shuts Down Cooling Towers After Infecting Visitors With Legionnaire's Disease
Earlier, Buhari told the participants that Nigeria would not be able to progress beyond the level of the standard of its education.
According to the statement, " the gang-up against El-rufai is aimed at: graduating millions of illiterates every year from primary schools in Kaduna state, allowing semi-illiterates to teach our teaming brothers and sisters, our children, and our children's children.
Director-General of the APC Governors Forum, Salihu Mohammed Lukman said the issue should not be politicised. Looking at these scripts, there is no question about why this is so.More news: Jio Special Offer of 100GB Extra Data for Oppo Smartphone Users
"We can disagree with the approach of the state government, but the way to go is not to politicise this matter".
The President said teachers should be more reformed and impact the students with knowledge. We have stated that we will not accept these sacks because it did not follow due process. Muazu Sani and 16 Local Government Chairmen of the group across the state and made to newsmen in Kaduna Monday.
More than 20,000 teachers in Nigeria are facing the sack after failing competency tests designed for children aged ten.More news: Dashcam video shows near-miss of children crossing highway
"It is unfortunate and disheartening that the state government is playing to the gallery of its detractors on this ill-advised action".
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA) Receives Hold Rating from Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc
- Motorola Moto X4 launched in India, price starts at Rs. 20999
- Russia, China support Philippines in fighting terrorism, drugs - President Duterte
- The Amazon.com's (AMZN) "Outperform" Rating Reaffirm at RBC Capital Markets
- Rally Protesting Meek Mill's Prison Sentence to Be Held in Philadelphia
- Arthur Collins trial: Co-accused cleared over club acid attack
- Korea, China mend ties, reaffirm efforts to denuclearize N
- Pakistan Spinner Saeed Ajmal Announces Retirement
- Maronite cardinal hopes to meet Lebanese PM in Saudi Arabia
- Man shot dead in Delhi court