"These facts are conclusive evidence that the United States, while imitating an uncompromising fight against worldwide terrorism for the global community, in fact provides cover for Islamic State units", the defense ministry said. The Russian Ministry of Defence has used a videogame screenshot to accuse the U.S. of cooperating with ISIS.
The ministry showed photo shoots made by Russian unmanned aircraft on November 9 which show kilometers-long convoys of IS armed groups leaving Abu Kamal towards the Wadi es-Sabha passage on the Syrian-Iraqi border to avoid strikes by the Russian aviation and the government army.
"However, the Americans categorically refused to conduct airstrikes against the IS terrorists, saying that, according to their data, the fighters were "surrendering" and were protected by the Geneva convention on treatment of war prisoners", the Russian officials said.More news: Hacking fears over cuddly toys with Bluetooth
He said the Russian defence ministry's attempts at propaganda went against the spirit of joint statements by both countries leaderships on their commitment to defeating Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.
But they did not provide any answer to the query why heavily armed IS militants were regrouping in the zone under the control of the worldwide coalition for new attacks on Syrian troops, the ministry said.
The militants had been forced to retreat from the city of Abu Kamal in the Syrian province of Deir al-Zour, one of the last remaining IS strongholds in Syria, by the advancing government troops.More news: Super Eagles Aiming To Shock 'Messi-less' Argentina
The now-deleted Twitter post, which was published today by the Russian Ministry of Defence account in Russian, English and Arabic, said that the images showed "irrefutable evidence that #US are actually covering ISIS combat units to recover their combat capabilities, redeploy, and use them to promote American interests in Middle East".
"The Syrian troops" rapid offensive in Abu Kamal has derailed the United States plans to set up "pro-American' authorities to govern the territories on the eastern bank of the Euphrates uncontrolled by the Syrian government", the ministry said.More news: OnePlus accused of leaving a backdoor to give root access
- Blizzard confirms Overwatch will run at 4K on Xbox One X
- Trader's Buzz: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY)
- Nigeria's Senate gives go-ahead for $5.5 billion foreign borrowing
- Trump's Chief of Staff on Trump's Tweets: 'They Are What They Are'
- No Xbox One X Bundles will be released this holiday season
- Cyclist who showed Trump 'middle finger' is showered with money
- I was annoyed Lionel Messi broke my record - Gabriel Batistuta
- Didier Drogba announces the date of his retirement
- FDA Approves First Pill That Tracks If You've Swallowed It
- Duke vs. Michigan State live stream