One of the biggest matchwinners produced by Pakistan cricket, mystery spinner Saeed Ajmal has chose to retire from all forms of cricket post the ongoing National Twenty20 tournament in Rawalpindi. In the 113 ODIs he played, Ajmal has 184 wickets to his name at an average of 22.72 and an enviable economy of 4.18.
He famously captured 24 wickets in three Tests against England in 2012.More news: Woman found dead on Worongary road
"This national event is my last tournament and I don't want to be a burden on any team", said Ajmal, quoted Wisden India. He returned for ODIs and T20Is with a remodeled action in 2015 but was not as effective and never played a Test since August 2014. "It was a highly satisfying career in which I achieved whatever goals I set for myself and helped the team win matches".
Ajmal was banned from bowling in 2014 due to an illegal action and was unable to return to the peak of his powers after remodelling his action.More news: Protest Interrupts Ivanka Trump Tax Discussion In New Jersey
"The last phase was frustrating", said Ajmal. His last game for Pakistan was a T20 worldwide in Dhaka on the same tour. The career graph of Ajmal is basically dissected into two halves, i.e., before and after his action being deemed illegal. More hurtful was that current player Stuart Broad questioned that and his comments hurt me no end. "But I have forgiven everyone".
Ajmal, who is representing Faisalabad region in the Cup, said he had made up his mind about retirement after being offered a role as a spin bowling coach for the third edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) with Islamabad United.More news: Only 50000 pilgrims allowed at Vaishno Devi a day: NGT
Hafeez's action was reported for a second time last month.
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC) Shares Bought by Intrust Bank NA
- Analyst Observation On 2 Stocks: Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK), Shopify Inc. (SHOP)
- The JetBlue Airways Corp. (JBLU) Upgraded to "Strong-Buy" at Vetr Inc
- Camelot Portfolios LLC Cuts Holdings in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- Shark hits surfer on NSW Central Coast
- Technical Watch: Focusing on Shares of Italy Index MSCI Ishares (EWI)
- Fire at Annapurna Studios in Hyderabad, none injured
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA) Receives Hold Rating from Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc
- Amf Pensionsforsakring Ab Marginally Increases Its Holdings in Kinder Morgan (KMI) Stock
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) Sees Large Increase in Short Interest