The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Monday, restricted the number of devotees visiting the shrine of Vaishno Devi, in Jammu, to 50,000 per day in order to restore the ecology of the area. Also apart from keeping a bar on the number of devotees, in the new NGT guidelines, the tribunal has also put a stay on all new constructions that are taking place inside the shrine complex. The reason for such decision is unknown yet, but it could have been made for a variety of reasons, such as overcrowding in the area, the garbage overflow, accidents or other incidents that could prevent a smooth flow of devotees to the shrine.
The NGT had past year directed the CEO of the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board to furnish a detailed report of solid waste and sewage treatment plants installed at the shrine complex.More news: Protest Interrupts Ivanka Trump Tax Discussion In New Jersey
Littering at Katra bus stop would be fined with Rs 2000.
The tribunal stated, once the limit for the day is reached, any additional visitors proceeding towards the shrine would be stopped either at Ardhkumari or Katra.More news: Falcons likely to play without top RB Devonta Freeman vs. Seahawks
The petitioner had expressed concern over the "pollution and danger to public health" caused by indiscriminate use of horses, ponies, mules and donkeys to carry pilgrims and goods from Katra to the Vaishno Devi temple. "No further time will be granted and, in default, appropriate action will be taken against the concerned authorities", the bench said.More news: Vodacom 1st Half Profit Helped by Safaricom Acquisition
- With Asia trip winding down, Trump meets with allies
- Amf Pensionsforsakring Ab Marginally Increases Its Holdings in Kinder Morgan (KMI) Stock
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) Stock Rating Upgraded by Zacks Investment Research
- Communicate around the house with the Google Assistant
- Packers RB Aaron Jones (knee) to miss 3-6 weeks
- US Cash Grains-Corn, soybean basis steady-firm as futures dip
- Earnings According to Quant For Link Real Estate Investment Trust (SEHK:823)
- Technical Watch: Focusing on Shares of Italy Index MSCI Ishares (EWI)
- APG Asset Management NV Lowers Holdings in Tyson Foods, Inc
- People Shot in Gary, Indiana, Nightclub