"Life is measured in achievement, not in years alone", is emblazoned across the 720S' active rear wing.
It's another one-off, finished in satin Zenith Black paint with a bucket-load of gold accents. As if that wasn't enough, the heat shield is also made from 24-carat gold, in a lovely nod to the company's 25-year-old F1 supercar. Short of taking a hacksaw to the auto itself, there isn't much MSO can't do to customise or personalise a vehicle, and it works with some of the world's wealthiest buyers. Other highlights of the exterior include the car's gold-painted alloy wheels and various carbon-fibre components like the rear diffuser, roof panel and front splitter, among others.More news: Italy join France, Argentina in list of shocking FIFA World Cup exits
Built by McLaren Special Operations (MSO), the 720S combines a satin black paintwork with gold-colored wheels and interior trim. There's also a smattering of gold touches on the inside too. The rear wing alone took 30 hours to complete, using stencils produced by the MSO design visualization team to achieve the desired dramatic visual impact of the gold lettering. Inside, the trim is a mix of black leather and black Alcantara complemented by MSO Defined carbon fiber sill panels, fascia vents and steering wheel, plus a regular carbon fiber interior upgrade pack.
McLaren says achievement was a key theme behind the commission, both for the British luxury carmaker itself and the United Arab Emirates and Gulf states themselves, which form a key client and shareholder base for the company.More news: How Insiders and Institutions are Trading Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (MRVL)
No change to the mechanicals, with the 4.0 litre twin-turbo V8 continuing to serve up 720 PS at 7,500 rpm and 770 Nm of torque at 5,500 rpm.
The vehicle isn't a production one - a plaque in the cockpit clearly identifies it as "one of one", but if you dig deep and ask nicely, we're fairly sure that McLaren and the chaps in the MSO division will be happy to put together something equally as striking for you.More news: Nintendo Planning Another Super Mario Brothers Movie
- Federal Bureau of Investigation data shows 18 hate crimes logged in South Dakota in 2016
- Suspension: Senate asks Ndume to resume tomorrow
- Jordin Sparks announces pregnancy after secret marriage
- Local, state police respond to shooting in Fall River
- Bangladesh assures help to Hindu victims: Sushma Swaraj
- Non-bailable arrest warrants issued against Pakistan Finance Minister
- Israel Deploys Iron Dome Systems Amid Rising Tensions With Gaza Based Militants
- Vodafone Turns To Profit In H1, Lifts FY18 Earnings View; Stock Up
- Investors bid down TJX Companies after earnings
- Huntington National Bank Raises Position in Digital Realty Trust, Inc. (DLR)