Indianapolis Colts star wide receiver T.Y. Hilton has been named a nominee for the 2017 Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award. "Cam is not like that", said assistant head coach/defensive line coach John Mitchell. What I like about him is when he encourages a player, or corrects a player, he is correcting himself. He doesn't complain to referees or get into skirmishes with opposing players or coaches.
"Art Rooney is an iconic figure in NFL history", said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell at the time the award was introduced. One player from each team is nominated, and this year, it's Rodger Saffold who's up for the honor.More news: Iranian Presence in Syria Is Legitimate, Russia Says Amid Israeli Concerns
The award, which honors players who display excellent sportsmanship on the field, is voted on by National Football League players. An NFL Legends committee of Warrick Dunn, Curtis Martin, Karl Mecklenburg and Leonard Wheeler will select the eight finalists (four from the NFC and four from the AFC) who will be up for voting.
According to a press release from NFL Communications, the award was created three years ago in honor of the late founding owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers, Hall of Famer Art Rooney Sr.More news: Institutional Investors Lead Shift in Callon Petroleum Co (NYSE:CPE) Sentiment
A committee of former players select the eight finalists, and then current players select the victor when they vote for the Pro Bowl in December.More news: HC rejects plea by Ker minister; pulls him up for moving court
- Croatia, Switzerland qualify for World Cup
- Nintendo Planning Another Super Mario Brothers Movie
- AT&T Could Seek White House Communications in Antitrust Review
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY) Position Increased by Wealthfront Inc
- Rs 1430 crore seized by IT department from Sasikala's properties
- 3 dead after shooting in Northern California elementary school
- Abe, Li to work toward early summit with South Korea's Moon
- Iraqi Kurds seek talks after federal court bars secession
- Volunteers Wanted To Knit Red Hats For Babies
- Volvo's parent company just bought a 'flying car' startup