When Cam Newton is having fun, the Panthers are a risky team.
NOTES: Miami played in its NFL-record 83rd Monday night game. The 4 touchdowns were the most for Newton since Week 2 of the 2016 season.
Newton has completed 5 of 10 passes for 47 yards, while Jay Cutler is 4-for-7 for 25 yards. They shared the load Monday with four different Panthers finding the end zone.More news: Woman found dead on Worongary road
The Panthers led, 17-7, at halftime, and rolled up 27 more points in the second half. That's what got the Panthers to the Super Bowl in 2015, when Newton made plays with his right arm and legs.
The 45 points allowed was a season-worst for the Dolphins, who allowed Baltimore 40 points just three games ago.
Carolina, which was led by quarterback Cam Newton (254 passing yards, four touchdowns, 120.4 passer rating, 95 yards rushing) totaled 548 yards.More news: China, Asean agree to 10-year China Sea protection pact
The Dolphins showed life when Kenyan Drake went 66 yards for a touchdown on a third-down run.
Newton hit Funchess for two touchdown strikes, and also found McCaffrey and tight end Ed Dickson for scores. The third-year receiver from MI finished with five receptions for 92 yards and a 32-yard touchdown early in in the fourth quarter that put the game out of reach.
Veteran running back Jonathan Stewart bounced back from his two-fumble game against Atlanta to rush for 110 yards, his first 100-yard game since a Monday night win at Washington last December. It also marked the first time he gained at least 100 rushing yards since December 19, 2016. While they couldn't establish the ground game, the only time Miami was able to sustain a drive was when they used a series of short Cutler passes to nickel-and-dime the Panthers defense.More news: Protest Interrupts Ivanka Trump Tax Discussion In New Jersey
McCaffrey helped build the lead to 10-0 with a nifty move on a 4-yard touchdown run in the second quarter to cap a 12-play, 85-yard drive that consumed nearly 6 1/2 minutes.
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (WMT) Sees Large Increase in Short Interest
- Doctors from the city head to Belagavi to oppose KPME Act
- Stock is up at $26.85 (DKS) DICK'S Sporting Goods Announces 2017…
- Rally Protesting Meek Mill's Prison Sentence to Be Held in Philadelphia
- Camelot Portfolios LLC Cuts Holdings in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- North Korean Soldier Is Shot While Defecting Across DMZ, South Says
- Man shot dead in Delhi court
- Trump Pitches 'America First' Trade Policy at Asia-Pacific Summit
- ASEAN, Hong Kong sign free trade, investment agreements
- Amf Pensionsforsakring Ab Marginally Increases Its Holdings in Kinder Morgan (KMI) Stock