"I'm expecting 70 to 80 stores to close on Thanksgiving, with key stores this year to include Home Depot, Nordstrom, Staples, Sam's Club, Costco and (likely) Lowe's".
The story is similar at other retailers.More news: YouTube deletes thousands of videos from extremist cleric Anwar al-Awlaki
And yes, opening on Thanksgiving has become more popular with large retailers, though some have changed course. If you don't secure a spot at the front of the line or log online the moment a sale starts, you could miss your shot at these big deals.
Indeed, when he first began the website about 12 years ago, he was more likely to get a cease-and-desist order from a retailer than any appreciation for putting their ads online.
Young people have been particularly appreciative of Cyber Monday, during which many online retailers offer discounts on everything one could possibly need. A simple Google search for "best Black Friday deals" provides plenty of great information from sources that know what they're talking about.More news: Former Pharmaceutical Company Executive Picked to Run HHS
And while the number of stores closing or reducing their holiday hours may be increasing, so too does the availability of exclusives and doorbusters offered online. "And sites such as Slickdeals.net have a host of savvy users that post up-to-the-minute details on whether or not high-demand items are still available and how to get them". This means many people have to spend their nights camping out on sidewalks to get to the good deals and many employees must spend their holiday night prepping for the influx of consumers. According to Fortune, more $3.45 billion in online transactions were made during last year's Cyber Monday through sales on e-commerce giants like Amazon.
As for the deals themselves, a little research can go a long way.
Jon Vincent, founder of the website "Early Black Friday, " has seen much of the transformation first-hand.More news: Local, state police respond to shooting in Fall River
- Jimmy Kimmel's Famous Friends Roast Him for 50th Birthday Late-Night Spectacular
- Trans Pacific Partnership Trade Deal Advances Without United States
- Russian Federation ridiculed for using video game as 'proof' USA backs Islamic State
- I was annoyed Lionel Messi broke my record - Gabriel Batistuta
- Bharti Infratel shares fall on block deals, Airtel up 1%
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited (CNQ) PT Raised to C$51.00
- Non-bailable arrest warrants issued against Pakistan Finance Minister
- Buffalo Wild Wings Gets $2.3 Billion-Plus Buyout Bid From Roark Capital
- S&P says Venezuela has defaulted on its debt
- Israel Deploys Iron Dome Systems Amid Rising Tensions With Gaza Based Militants