Markle plays Rachel Zane, a former paralegal who is now a lawyer and engaged to Mike, which might make a dual departure easier to plot.
They've both been on the show since 2011. The series is now in production on the final episodes of season seven, expected to air in U.S. early next year.
According to US Weekly, Markle, 36, is ending her time on the show at the end of Season 7.More news: Russia, China support Philippines in fighting terrorism, drugs - President Duterte
The show is now on a mid-season break from its seventh season and will return for the second half of the season next year.
A rep for U.S. and UCP declined to comment.
Series creator Aaron Korsh has yet to comment on Adams and Markle's potential exit, but Korsh previously acknowledged that seeing actors exit a long-running series is not new.More news: National Football League 2017 Week 10: Monday Night preview - Miami Dolphins at Carolina Panthers
Markle has made headlines during the past year for her off-screen romantic involvement with Britain's Prince Harry.
Talks are taking place regarding a Season 8 renewal, but no agreement has been reached. When Gina [Torres] left, I could not have predicted that the way her life was going.
According to a Deadline report, Meghan Markle and Patrick J. Adams, who play Rachel and Mike respectively, are not expected to return as series regulars, after the end of the seventh season. Even though she left early, look at how often we still see Jessica [Pearson] throughout Season 6 and 7.More news: HTC reveals Vive Focus, a VR headset that cuts the cables
"Suits" is set to return for its last six Season 7 episodes in January.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA) Receives Hold Rating from Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc
- Rally Protesting Meek Mill's Prison Sentence to Be Held in Philadelphia
- Camelot Portfolios LLC Cuts Holdings in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- Motorola Moto X4 launched in India, price starts at Rs. 20999
- Korea, China mend ties, reaffirm efforts to denuclearize N
- The JetBlue Airways Corp. (JBLU) Upgraded to "Strong-Buy" at Vetr Inc
- Doctors from the city head to Belagavi to oppose KPME Act
- Disneyland Shuts Down Cooling Towers After Infecting Visitors With Legionnaire's Disease
- Shark hits surfer on NSW Central Coast
- Woman found dead on Worongary road