Markle plays Rachel Zane, a former paralegal who is now a lawyer and engaged to Mike, which might make a dual departure easier to plot.
They've both been on the show since 2011. The series is now in production on the final episodes of season seven, expected to air in U.S. early next year.
According to US Weekly, Markle, 36, is ending her time on the show at the end of Season 7.More news: Jio Special Offer of 100GB Extra Data for Oppo Smartphone Users
The show is now on a mid-season break from its seventh season and will return for the second half of the season next year.
A rep for U.S. and UCP declined to comment.
Series creator Aaron Korsh has yet to comment on Adams and Markle's potential exit, but Korsh previously acknowledged that seeing actors exit a long-running series is not new.More news: Facebook introduces 'Stories' for groups, events segment
Markle has made headlines during the past year for her off-screen romantic involvement with Britain's Prince Harry.
Talks are taking place regarding a Season 8 renewal, but no agreement has been reached. When Gina [Torres] left, I could not have predicted that the way her life was going.
According to a Deadline report, Meghan Markle and Patrick J. Adams, who play Rachel and Mike respectively, are not expected to return as series regulars, after the end of the seventh season. Even though she left early, look at how often we still see Jessica [Pearson] throughout Season 6 and 7.More news: Trump Pitches 'America First' Trade Policy at Asia-Pacific Summit
"Suits" is set to return for its last six Season 7 episodes in January.
- Shawn Mendes, Eminem and U2 among winners at MTV Europe Music Awards
- Shark hits surfer on NSW Central Coast
- The JetBlue Airways Corp. (JBLU) Upgraded to "Strong-Buy" at Vetr Inc
- Disneyland Shuts Down Cooling Towers After Infecting Visitors With Legionnaire's Disease
- Sessions considering second special counsel to look into the Clinton Foundation
- National Football League 2017 Week 10: Monday Night preview - Miami Dolphins at Carolina Panthers
- Doctors from the city head to Belagavi to oppose KPME Act
- Fire at Annapurna Studios in Hyderabad, none injured
- Shares in Alibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA) Acquired by Benchmark Capital Advisors
- North Korean Soldier Is Shot While Defecting Across DMZ, South Says