A screen grab shows body of undertrial prisoner Vinod alias Balle being taken away from Rohini court complex, in New Delhi, on November 13.
A 31-year-old undertrial was shot dead inside the Rohini court complex on Monday morning by a teenaged assailant who fired at him thrice before putting down his country-made pistol and surrendering. He was raced to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced served gone and after that, the Police comes there and he replied that the arrested was defeated on the place and caught with the weapon. He had been absconding for the past seven years in a cheating case registered at the south Rohini police station in 2010, over a sale of a plot there. Another man who suffered bullet injuries was rushed to the nearest hospital.
The firing led to a total chaos inside the court.More news: ASEAN, Hong Kong sign free trade, investment agreements
Police officers said the undertrial was sacked upon from the rear around 11am.
He said police were also looking into security lapses in the incident. Police identified the victim as Vinod alias Ballu. He was arrested again on October 30 this year.
Mr Singh said that a case of cheating was lodged against the deceased in 2010 in which he was arrested on September 30. He had taken loan from one Rahul, a Bawana resident.More news: Technical Watch: Focusing on Shares of Italy Index MSCI Ishares (EWI)
The incharge responsible for the security of Rohini court i.e. Incharge of Police Post Rohini Court Sub Inspector Narender has been placed under suspension and Station House Officer Prashant Vihar has been sent to district lines pending further inquiry, the DCP added. Ahead in April in a comparable case, while a hostage was murdered dead in the day in the bases of Rohini court when he was implying admitted for discussion.
A prisoner who the police was escorting for a hearing in a court in Delhi has died after being shot at.
The Haryana Police was taking Rajesh to the Rohini court for a hearing. Police officers said that the moment Balle reached near the canteen, the accused, later identified as Abdul Khan, opened fire at him.More news: With Asia trip winding down, Trump meets with allies
- China, Asean agree to 10-year China Sea protection pact
- Only 50000 pilgrims allowed at Vaishno Devi a day: NGT
- Trump Pitches 'America First' Trade Policy at Asia-Pacific Summit
- Doctors from the city head to Belagavi to oppose KPME Act
- Citigroup Inc. Reaffirms Buy Rating for NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)
- Two men from Thane arrested for threatening to 'hijack' plane
- JC Penney Company, Inc. Holding Company (NYSE:JCP) stock to follow
- Judge in Menendez Bribery Trial Urges Jury to Push Through Deadlock
- Camelot Portfolios LLC Cuts Holdings in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- Fire at Annapurna Studios in Hyderabad, none injured