Police arrested five people at a Fall River hospital after they were told their family member did not survive an officer-involved shooting.
Fall River police responded to a city industrial park for reports of "loud bangs and smoking cars" at about 11:37 p.m. Sunday.
Over phone, police say the caller described seeing a smoking green hatchback auto and hearing "two loud bangs" that sounded like gunshots. Police said several shots were fired upon arrival but did not say if anyone was hit.More news: Bharti Infratel shares fall on block deals, Airtel up 1%
Responding officers found a number of vehicles leaving the area. The person speculated as to whether they had heard a auto crash or a fight breaking out, according to police.
A short time later, there was a large disturbance at Charlton Memorial Hospital. He was taken to Charlton Memorial Hospital, where he was declared dead.
Police from several neighboring communities were called in, and five people were ultimately arrested on disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace charges. He was held without bail in an open case out of New Bedford yesterday in Fall River District Court, while the four other family members were released on their own recognizance, court officials said.More news: Vidya Balan shuts the reporter like a boss for fat shaming her
Boston 25 News also reached out to the District Attorney's Office and Massachusetts State Police for more information, but so far have not heard back.
Neither Quinn's office nor Fall River police answered additional questions about the shooting yesterday.More news: OnePlus accused of leaving a backdoor to give root access
- S&P says Venezuela has defaulted on its debt
- Trump's Chief of Staff on Trump's Tweets: 'They Are What They Are'
- Former Pharmaceutical Company Executive Picked to Run HHS
- Nigeria's Senate gives go-ahead for $5.5 billion foreign borrowing
- Jimmy Kimmel's Famous Friends Roast Him for 50th Birthday Late-Night Spectacular
- Stock Trend Analysis Report: Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (FIS)
- Buffalo Wild Wings Gets $2.3 Billion-Plus Buyout Bid From Roark Capital
- Didier Drogba announces the date of his retirement
- Trader's Buzz: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY)
- Google Pixel 2 XL Just Can't Get A Break