South Korean President Moon Jae-in called for regional efforts to denuclearize North Korea on Tuesday, saying the North's nuclear ambition presented a threat not only to the region but the entire world.
The tone of the Summit has been set back in May when President Moon took office and signaled the ASEAN's place in his foreign policy by dispatching forthwith a special envoy to the ASEAN.
"Asean and Korea are important partners for each other". The declaration of plans to normalize relations in his meeting with Li two days later has some predicting rapid progress ahead for South Korea-China relations.
Meanwhile, in his opening remarks, Duterte noted the "robust ties" of ASEAN with South Korea in the field of investment, tourism, and socio-cultural cooperation.More news: Maronite cardinal hopes to meet Lebanese PM in Saudi Arabia
The Blue House initially said the Thaad issue was not going to be raised during the summit, but Xi brought it up.
On Saturday, Kim's government responded by accusing Trump of trying to demonize North Korea, keep it apart from the worldwide community and undermine its government.
South Korean naval vessels will participate in the drill in waters off the east coast, the South's joint chiefs of staff said in a statement.
As ASEAN and Korea both entering an era of new leaps and development, I believe it is the most appropriate time to upscale the level of bilateral cooperation. Xi expressed his gratitude for President Moon's congratulatory message on Xi's re-election as General Secretary of the Communist Party of China on October 25 while Moon showed friendliness saying that Xi's "xiaokang (moderately prosperous) society" is in line with his "people-centered economy" principle.More news: Facebook introduces 'Stories' for groups, events segment
Such community will bring together the vision of ASEAN community and the Korean government [inaudible] the philosophy to achieve common prosperity through collaboration.
The summit was initially scheduled for 30 minutes but lasted 43 minutes.
I'll listen attentively to the views to be expressed by the ASEAN leaders. "China and South Korea have a very complementary relationship, and we can be confident in the future for their relationship", he added.
PRESIDENT DUTERTE: Thank you, Your Excellency for your affirming messages.More news: Arthur Collins trial: Co-accused cleared over club acid attack
- Shark hits surfer on NSW Central Coast
- Doctors from the city head to Belagavi to oppose KPME Act
- Motorola Moto X4 launched in India, price starts at Rs. 20999
- Sessions considering second special counsel to look into the Clinton Foundation
- Woman found dead on Worongary road
- Camelot Portfolios LLC Cuts Holdings in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA) Receives Hold Rating from Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc
- Fire at Annapurna Studios in Hyderabad, none injured
- Jio Special Offer of 100GB Extra Data for Oppo Smartphone Users
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's girlfriend, looking to exit USA's 'Suits'