In an interview with People, the American Idol victor said she met her husband Dana Isaiah's family in February at Super Bowl celebrations in Houston. "It wasn't like, "We want you guys to date'". That's my husband right there, '" Jordin said, adding that she made it clear to Dana that she didn't want to move in with him until they became husband and wife.
The couple Wednesday in a private ceremony in Hawaii on July 16. "So it was a little wake-up call for me", she said.
"It's been really insane because everything changes", Sparks said. The twosome are also expecting their first child together sometime this upcoming spring.More news: Nigeria's Senate gives go-ahead for $5.5 billion foreign borrowing
A few weeks after tying the knot, the "American Idol" season 6 victor found out she was expecting. "Once we got over the initial shock of it, now again just like it is with the marriage, to be able to share that this wonderful thing is happening, it's such a great thing".
"I'd gone through a insane time previous year, so I was just like 'You know what?"
Jordin told People.com that she and Dana eloped on vacation in Hawaii, with just a few friends present, before she found out she was pregnant in late August. "We did this together!" Later on, Isaiah - who's a model - traveled to Los Angeles for a business meeting around Easter and immediately hit it off with Sparks.More news: Buffalo Wild Wings Gets $2.3 Billion-Plus Buyout Bid From Roark Capital
'I'm going to be completely honest. "It's awesome that that phrase 'When you don't look for it, that's when it comes". he just showed up at my door". Though Sparks had chose to put her love life on the back-burner after dating Jason Derulo and Sage the Gemini, she ended up meeting her future hubby's family this past February, when she visited Houston during Super Bowl weekend with her charity campaign I'm M.A.D., Are You? "This is the best part so far because I have (Dana) and I have this little one and I have a new family".
But now, as a newlywed and newly expectant mother, Jordin said has a new normal: "I'm the most content I've ever been in all areas".More news: S&P says Venezuela has defaulted on its debt
- Investors bid down TJX Companies after earnings
- YouTube deletes thousands of videos from extremist cleric Anwar al-Awlaki
- Trans Pacific Partnership Trade Deal Advances Without United States
- I was annoyed Lionel Messi broke my record - Gabriel Batistuta
- More and more stores are staying closed on Thanksgiving and Black Friday
- Vodafone Turns To Profit In H1, Lifts FY18 Earnings View; Stock Up
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited (CNQ) PT Raised to C$51.00
- Arsene Wenger reveals his next step after Arsenal
- Non-bailable arrest warrants issued against Pakistan Finance Minister
- Former Pharmaceutical Company Executive Picked to Run HHS