"She was the best audience, she was the one I was always trying to make laugh", Fallon said. When Fallon started hosting The Tonight Show in 2014, his biggest fan was in attendance along with his dad to support their son.
The emotional host shared a story about his mother squeezing his hand three times to signify, "I love you", when he was a child. "We would hold hands, you know".More news: Wild boar on Vizag runway delays IndiGo flight by three hours
She died on November 4 with Fallon at her bedside along with other family members.
We're going to continue to work really hard to bring some light and some laughter into the world.
Watch Taylor Swift perform her breathtaking new ballad "New Year's Day" on Jimmy Fallon's "The Tonight Show".More news: Trump lands in Philippines, final stop in Asia
The 46-year-old star said: "We're in showbusiness". "It's good to be back", he said to the cheering audience, "As you know my mother Gloria passed away recently and I cancelled our show last week to be with my family". "I love you", he said.
"Tonight Show" writer and producer Mike DiCenzo offered some insight into Swift's appearance on Twitter, explaining that she was not scheduled to perform, but the crew wanted to do something special for Fallon, and Swift quickly got on board. I could see Jimmy silhouetted at his desk dabbing his eyes with a tissue.
Taylor sat down at the piano to sing the heartfelt song and was accompanied by just an acoustic guitar and some backup singers.More news: Marriage Law survey results out tomorrow
- YSU grad murdered outside Massillon hospital
- 9th Circuit partly allows third travel ban to take effect
- Shanshan Feng leads Blue Bay LPGA after 3 rounds
- Sensex down by 281 pts, 3-week-low
- AWS sells China hardware to local cloud partner
- The Cornerstone Capital Inc. Sold shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (TMO)
- Storm Relief Yields Sales Momentum for Home Depot
- Word Diabetes Day: 2.1 Million women die of diabetes yearly
- Iran sticks to key limits of nuclear deal: United Nations watchdog report
- Marcus Rashford: I'm trying to model my game on Brazil's Ronaldo