It also banned direct flights to Kurdistan and demanded control over border crossings. But our patience will run out.
The independence vote defied the central government in Baghdad - which had ruled the ballot illegal - as well as neighboring Turkey and Iran which have their own Kurdish minorities.
Iraq's central bank has eased restrictions on private banks in its Kurdistan region, telling them they could keep branches there open just a week after ordering them closed, central bank sources told Reuters on Tuesday.More news: Croatia, Switzerland qualify for World Cup
Following the Kurdistan Region's independence referendum, the Iraqi parliament and government imposed certain sanctions on the Region in an attempt to force the officials to cancel the referendum results.
In the wake of the vote, Iraqi federal forces seized the northern city of Kirkuk and other disputed areas from the Kurds.
Kurdish authorities said on Tuesday they respect the Iraqi Federal Supreme Court's recent interpretation of Article 1 of the constitution regarding secession in Iraq, signaling a new phase in efforts to restart stalled negotiations over its future.More news: Eli Lilly and Company (LLY) Position Increased by Wealthfront Inc
"We believe that this decision must become a basis for starting an inclusive national dialogue between (Kurdish authorities in) Erbil and Baghdad to resolve all disputes", the KRG said in a statement, Reuters reported.
The Supreme Court's ruling came after central government requested the highest judicial body to end any "wrong misinterpretation" of the Iraqi constitution and assert the country's unity.
One of the decisions, approved by the Parliament in a session, but boycotted by Kurdish MPs, on September 27, was mandating the government to summon the ambassadors and representatives of countries having offices in the Kurdistan Region to either close their offices or move them to outside the Region's governorates.More news: SWEET: Cashier Helps Man Count Change at Walmart
- Rs 1430 crore seized by IT department from Sasikala's properties
- White man identifies as 'transracial' Filipino
- Volvo's parent company just bought a 'flying car' startup
- Federal Bureau of Investigation data shows 18 hate crimes logged in South Dakota in 2016
- Jerry Jones 'laughs' in the face of National Football League attacks
- Volunteers Wanted To Knit Red Hats For Babies
- Abe, Li to work toward early summit with South Korea's Moon
- What Did President Trump Accomplish With His Asia Trip?
- One-off McLaren 720S revealed at Dubai motor show
- AT&T Could Seek White House Communications in Antitrust Review