It also banned direct flights to Kurdistan and demanded control over border crossings. But our patience will run out.
The independence vote defied the central government in Baghdad - which had ruled the ballot illegal - as well as neighboring Turkey and Iran which have their own Kurdish minorities.
Iraq's central bank has eased restrictions on private banks in its Kurdistan region, telling them they could keep branches there open just a week after ordering them closed, central bank sources told Reuters on Tuesday.More news: SWEET: Cashier Helps Man Count Change at Walmart
Following the Kurdistan Region's independence referendum, the Iraqi parliament and government imposed certain sanctions on the Region in an attempt to force the officials to cancel the referendum results.
In the wake of the vote, Iraqi federal forces seized the northern city of Kirkuk and other disputed areas from the Kurds.
Kurdish authorities said on Tuesday they respect the Iraqi Federal Supreme Court's recent interpretation of Article 1 of the constitution regarding secession in Iraq, signaling a new phase in efforts to restart stalled negotiations over its future.More news: What Did President Trump Accomplish With His Asia Trip?
"We believe that this decision must become a basis for starting an inclusive national dialogue between (Kurdish authorities in) Erbil and Baghdad to resolve all disputes", the KRG said in a statement, Reuters reported.
The Supreme Court's ruling came after central government requested the highest judicial body to end any "wrong misinterpretation" of the Iraqi constitution and assert the country's unity.
One of the decisions, approved by the Parliament in a session, but boycotted by Kurdish MPs, on September 27, was mandating the government to summon the ambassadors and representatives of countries having offices in the Kurdistan Region to either close their offices or move them to outside the Region's governorates.More news: NBCC Q2 net profit up 31 pc at Rs 81 cr
- Suspension: Senate asks Ndume to resume tomorrow
- Croatia, Switzerland qualify for World Cup
- Tennessee State football player sucker punches coach
- Euro area GDP picks up slightly in third quarter
- Freeport-McMoran, Inc. (FCX) Holdings Boosted by Morse Asset Management Inc
- Rocket League Switch is out now!
- Iranian Presence in Syria Is Legitimate, Russia Says Amid Israeli Concerns
- Sold Out: Stove Top's stretchy Thanksgiving dinner trousers were a hot seller
- 3 dead after shooting in Northern California elementary school
- Rs 1430 crore seized by IT department from Sasikala's properties